Lead, Digital Accessibility Specialist, Scotia Digital (Vancouver Hub)
City : Vancouver, BC, CA
Category : Manager
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 174754
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
At Scotia Digital, we design and build digital capabilities to promote the financial wellbeing of our customers. Reinventing customer experience starts here — and it starts with you.
The Lead Digital Accessibility Specialist will drive inclusive design and accessibility across Digital Banking to envision and design accessible digital experiences and interactions for Scotiabank customers. They will provide technical leadership, expert guidance, coordination, and strategic support to centres of practice with a focus on driving adoption of tools, processes, and methodologies that systemically advance accessibility in Scotiabank’s digital products.
Contributes to the overall success of Digital Banking Canada, ensuring specific individual goals, plans, and initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities are conducted in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies, and procedures.
Is this role right for you? In this role, you will:
- Champions a customer-focused culture while deepening relationships across practices and the bank.
- Establishing and evolving scalable processes and systemic frameworks for implementing, sustaining, and maturing digital accessibility across the enterprise.
- Be recognized as an accessibility technical subject matter authority for user interface experiences, proactively monitoring industry trends and best practices and incorporating into initiatives as needed.
- Drive adoption of evolving accessibility standards and requirements, incorporating input from other centres of practice.
- Explore capabilities of digital platforms and identify strategic opportunities to drive accessibility forward.
- Identify strategic opportunities for identifying and removing accessibility barriers to positively impact the user experience for users with disabilities and drive appropriate systemic changes.
- Develop and continually evolve scalable accessibility design, development, and testing processes, methodology, tools, and criteria in collaboration with relevant centres of practice.
- Prioritize multiple projects and initiatives, adjusting as necessary
- Lead and influence without authority using a collaborative and outcomes-based mindset
- Proactively solve problems and bring innovation from an opportunity-seeking point of view
- Produce measurable outcomes that demonstrate value
- Model a strategic mindset, adapting and pivoting plans as needed
- Drive measurement of accessibility SME skills and mentor technical and strategic skills development.
- Leverage insights gathered through participation in usability testing with people with disabilities to refine accessibility best practices and methodologies and influence usability testing practices.
Where could you work? Both at home and in the office.
We’re working towards a future that is digital by default and creating a local Hub in Vancouver.
This hybrid role offers the opportunity both to work remotely and head to the Hub to collaborate in person, co-creating a cohesive and inclusive culture with your Vancouver team.
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role? We’d love to work with you if you have:
- 8 - 10 years of practical web and mobile accessibility experience.
- Self-driven, with ability to take ownership and accountability; must be adept at working in a self-guided manner to drive initiatives across practices.
- Proven ability to effectively communicate the opportunities and risks regarding accessibility and inclusive design to technical and non-technical audiences within a business context.
- A mentor mentality with the ability to influence both simple and complex solutions.
- Expert relationship building and influencing skills.
- Expert understanding of usability and user interface design principles.
- Expert Level of awareness of disability related issues with respect to digital accessibility.
What's in it for you?
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity and curiosity and celebrates success
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create meaningful customer experiences
- You’ll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- We offer a competitive total rewards package, including a performance bonus, company matching programs (on pension & profit sharing), and generous vacation.
Work arrangements: Fully Remote
Location(s): Canada : British Columbia : Vancouver
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.