Lead Business Systems Analyst – FX, Capital Markets Technology
City : Toronto, ON, CA
Category : IT Business Analysts
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 183119
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
The Foreign Exchange Technology (FX) team supports Scotiabank’s Global FX business by providing functional and technical expertise in FX products and related internal and third-party applications.
The business analyst team acts as a liaison between business stakeholders and internal development groups, gathers robust requirements for enhancement/modification requests, recommends effective solutions for business and technology objectives, and conducts thorough testing of technology solutions. AS subject matter experts, the team also serves as an escalation point for production issues and assist other internal technology groups.
Some of the Key Accountabilities include:
• Collaborate closely with internal stakeholders including business end users and upstream / downstream technology groups to gather comprehensive information related to problems, projects and requests
• Participate in all aspects of a systems development life cycle within the development team (Requirements Analysis, Design, Development, Test, QA, Data Lineage, Implementation and Support).Act as a liaison and primary communication channel between appropriate business line and development teams on requirements, issue resolution, status, project execution and prioritization.
• Work closely with internal development resources as well as third-party vendor contacts to design and test creative and efficient solutions
• Actively participate in or lead team stand-ups and scrums to ensure broad awareness of in-flight initiatives and coordinate work efforts
• Manage functional and technical requests as well as bug investigations and discretionary work efforts using a variety of tools including JIRA, Confluence, and ServiceNow
• Actively participate in improving team processes and workflows, with an emphasis on knowledge retention and intra / inter-team cooperation
• Accountable for understanding all stakeholder needs, providing detailed product design specification by way of user stories and assisting in the prioritising of stories during Sprint planning.
• Turn business requirements into technical specifications and other technical documentation (data transformations, design and operational support documentation).
• Knowledge of bank’s products (i.e. capital markets and retail) and operational process and controls. Specifically, FX products, payment processing, and confirmations.
• Fluent in Agile techniques and demonstrated experience in working within an agile environment, either as a product owner or as a team member.
• Apply a variety of analysis tools to interpret data and identify patterns.
What You Will Bring to Succeed:
• At least 3-5 years of experience in capital markets business systems analysis role, with exposure to electronic trading systems, ideally FX systems such as Wallstreet FX, Murex, eFX trading venues, etc.
• Strong knowledge of Foreign Exchange products and order/trade lifecycle, and familiarity with one or more front/middle/back office functions such as order entry/execution, trade booking/maintenance, P&L/risk/accounting, settlements, confirmations, etc.
• Hands on experience with the software development lifecycle, leading technical specification discussions with developers as well as SIT/UAT testing efforts
• Ability to work both independently with minimal supervision, and collaboratively as part of a broader technology group
• Effective written and verbal communication skills to bridge between technical content and business objectives
• Strong working knowledge of industry trends and regulations
• Practical technology project experience, as a business analyst and/or a project manager
• Practical SQL and/or Unix experience would be a strong asset
• This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office and from home with the details to be determined based on business needs.
• We are technology partners who help the business transform how our employees around the world work
• We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
• You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
• We foster an environment of innovation and continuous learning
• We care about our people, allowing them to design how they work to deliver amazing results
• We offer a competitive total rewards package, including a performance bonus, company matching programs (on pension & profit sharing), and generous vacation
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Is this Role not the Exact fit?
Sign up to stay in touch; we’ll let you know when we have new positions on the team.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.