Landscape Internship/ Landscape Designer – Transportation (Summer 2023)
City : VANCOUVER
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Landscape Internship/ Landscape Designer - Transportation (Summer 2023) - ( 23000169 )
Looking to grow your experience in landscape architecture? Look no further. We currently have one opening for a recent graduate or a student in BC and are looking for an opportunity to expand in the province or grow locally within our Vancouver office. As part of the Community Development team, we do work in the realm of landscape architecture, urban design, planning, engineering, and architecture with a focus on cross-collaboration between disciplines where we see new ideas for innovation. From small pop-ups to large urban waterfront parks and community design, we see engaging with our local First Nations and the community to shape the vision for a healthy and ecologically sustainable landscape. This position offers the opportunity to be involved in unique design projects across British Columbia and North America while working interactively with our design team, clients, municipalities, and the public, on a broad range of projects.
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Strong graphic and digital design and documentation skills
- Excellent time management skills and a self-motivating individual who is passionate about changing and promoting landscape architecture and urban design
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, and Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to utilize modeling and rendering software such as Sketchup, and Rhino and rendering engines like Lumion, Twin motion, etc.
- Landfx and Revit is not required but are considered an asset
Education and Experience
- 0-3 years of professional experience in a landscape architecture office or the equivalent of professional, educational, or landscape construction experience
- A degree in Landscape Architecture from an accredited university or a diploma focused on landscape architecture-based projects or a combination of related education and experience
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Qualified candidates who are highly motivated and eager to commit to Stantec's strategic initiative to become a Top 10 global design firm should submit their portfolio and resume online at www.stantec.com/careers
Committed to the principles of Employment Equity, we thank all candidates; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-British Columbia-Vancouver
Other Locations : Canada-Ontario, Canada-British Columbia
Organization : BC-1158 Transpt-CA British Columbia
Employee Status : Temporary
Job Level : Entry Level
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Mar 13, 2023, 2:36:53 PM
Req ID: 23000169
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans