Labourer – Plant Night Person
City : 2015288 - Hwy 3:02 Crowsnest Pass; Edmonton, AB; Calgary, AB; Rimbey, AB
Category : Full time Labourer
Industry : Construction
Employer : Ledcor Group
Job Summary:You are a hard-working, team player with previous experience as a Labourer working at an Asphalt Plant. You will be working with our Highway Construction crew throughout Alberta in the asphalt plant. This will be a full-time position and Ledcor will help support your on-going employee training and career development in our diversified company. We offer industry-leading wages, excellent training, benefits, RSP's and advancement opportunities.
Watch our 75th anniversary video to see what it's like working for Ledcor and apply today to join our Highway’s Construction team for projects across Alberta, starting May 2023!
- Perform various highway construction tasks relating to asphalt plant work, including raking, shoveling, unloading trucks and small maintenance tasks.
- Incorporate health and safety concepts into work activities, including completing field level hazard assessments and participating in safety talks.
- Capable of working night shift continuously throughout the summer.
- Work well with others and adhere to Ledcor Health, Safety & Environmental program
- Previous labor experience within a highways setting is an advantage
- Must possess a valid Class 5 driver's license and clean driver’s abstract
- Must successfully complete pre-employment drug and alcohol testing
- Ability to incorporate health and safety concepts into work activities
- Must demonstrate ability to work under minimal supervision
- This position is to run from May to November 2023
- Candidates must be flexible to work on projects throughout central/southern Alberta
- Shift rotations working 10-14 hours per day on night shifts for the season
- Living out allowance of $130.00 per day is provided
- Benefits and RSPs provided
- Preference for those with an RV or trailer, camp area with utilities provided
Ledcor builds and maintains infrastructure in various industries including oil and gas, transportation, and mining. We’re experts in public and private infrastructure construction and maintenance – from national highways to bridges, from airports to underground utilities and independent power projects. We also work on roads, earthworks, foundations, dams, power systems, and waterways.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Adjustments will be provided in all parts of our hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance by submitting a request via email. For more information about Ledcor’s Inclusion and Diversity initiatives, please visit our I&D page.