Labourer – Highway Maintenance
City : Red Deer, AB
Category : Full time Labourer
Industry : Construction
Employer : Ledcor Group
Job Summary:Are you looking to transition into a career that keeps you close to home and offers you industry leading wages and benefits in your own community with one of Canada’s Top Employers?
We offer industry leading wages, excellent training, benefits, RSP's and career growth potential with advancement opportunities within our diversified company. You will be responsible for clearing and maintaining Alberta highways.
Watch our 75th anniversary video to see what it's like working for Ledcor and apply today to join our maintenance team in Red Deer, Alberta!
- Responsible for the maintenance and cleaning of Red Deer County Highway
- Road patrol, debris removal, culverts clean out, crack sealing, message painting, sign washing, hand patching, bridge washing, and brushing.
- Perform other road maintenance duties as required.
- Must successfully complete pre-employment drug and alcohol testing
- Must be able to perform physically demanding tasks
- Must possess a valid Class 5 driver's license and provide a clear 3-year driver's abstract.
- Local candidates will be given preference
- Work will be outdoors in various summer weather conditions
- Benefits and RSPs provided by CLAC.
Ledcor builds and maintains infrastructure in various industries including oil and gas, transportation, and mining. We’re experts in public and private infrastructure construction and maintenance – from national highways to bridges, from airports to underground utilities and independent power projects. We also work on roads, earthworks, foundations, dams, power systems, and waterways.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Adjustments will be provided in all parts of our hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance by submitting a request via email. For more information about Ledcor’s Inclusion and Diversity initiatives, please visit our I&D page.