Laboratory Technician, Water Operations (Contract)
City : Elkford, British Columbia, CA
Category : Environment & Sustainability
Industry : Mining/Quarrying
Employer : Teck
Closing Date: June 9, 2023
Join our Water Quality Management team as they work to ensure the health of the local watershed, guided by the Elk Valley Water Quality Plan!
Reporting to the Laboratory Coordinator, Water Operations, the Laboratory Technician, Water Operations is responsible for the safe and efficient execution of laboratory functions, including site sampling plan implementation, which involves accurate sampling, sample analysis, and the recording and reporting of results.
To be successful, we require someone with excellent interpersonal and communication skills, who has strong analytical, problem solving, and decision-making abilities.
Join us in the breathtaking Elk Valley of British Columbia. Here you will find outdoor adventure at your fingertips. Whether it's biking and skiing, or the laid-back atmosphere of fishing and hiking, there is something for everyone! Working 7 days on 7 days off shift, come experience what work life balance is all about!
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Manage lab facilities including safety, lab maintenance, lab inventory management, and instrument calibration
- Ensure laboratory compliance with British Columbia and federal legislation
- Maintain site laboratory quality management system, including procedures and standards
- Coordinate site sample collection and send to external laboratories
- Advance the site data management systems
- Increase lab efficiency through improvements to automatic data uploads, assay automation, and workflow optimization
- Degree or diploma in Engineering or Sciences, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum three years’ experience in a laboratory environment
- Strong digital literacy and proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite®; especially Excel
- Valid Class 5 Driver's License or equivalent
- Experience sampling and reporting of analytical results would be an asset
- General knowledge of water and wastewater treatment technology and processes would be an asset
Successful candidates must be willing to satisfy the pre-employment requirements of a pre-employment drug screen and three professional references.
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal and zinc, as well as investments in energy assets.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources.