KPMGI Regional HR & Employee Relations Leader
City : Toronto
Category : Human Resources
Industry : Finance
Employer : KPMG
At KPMG, you’ll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers, connected by a common cause: turning insight into opportunity for clients and communities around the world.
The KPMGI Regional HR & People Matters leader reports directly to the Head of People & Culture for KPMG International and leads the team that is responsible for the compliant management of key employee processes and timelines in alignment with our core member firms (US, UK, CA, DE, and AU.) This team collaborates and works closely with member firm HR teams, the KPMGI Talent team and the KPMGI HR Business Partners to consult and together manage employee performance processes, employee compensation processes, employee promotion processes, and employee relations matters. Working with core member firm HR teams as well as IOGC and member firm OGC, this team also proactively provides consultation on specific jurisdictional laws and regulations impacting KPMGI HR processes and decisions.
This is a Leadership team role within the KPMGI People and Culture organization, working closely alongside the P&C leadership team, specifically the HR Business Partner Leader, Talent & Culture Leader, and the HR Operations & Analytics Leader.
This role is instrumental in ensuring alignment with our core member firms that employ the majority of our KPMGI workforce regarding member firm policies, tools and procedures.
What you will do
- In close collaboration with the KPMGI HR BP lead, KPMGI Talent & Culture lead, manage the overall annual HR processes (e.g., employee goal setting, interim review, promotions, year-end reviews, compensation, etc.) ensuring compliance with KPMGI policy and processes as well as SoQM standards. This includes robust planning and development of a consistent annual KPMGI HR calendar that aligns to core member firm calendars. Manage the overall plan for the successful delivery of annual processes to KPMGI colleagues across Global core locations. Ensure key HR processes are delivered by deadlines set and to agreed standards.
- Leverage understanding of core location HR policies, processes and approaches to effectively mentor and guide HRBAs to develop and execute against KPMGI people priorities and plans; ensuring a level of consistency and compliance is maintained across all core member firm locations.
- Apply advanced and comprehensive expertise to complex people relations issues, mentoring and supporting the KPMGI HRBAs to deliver optimal consultation and guidance to HRBPs and the business as needed, always aligning to the employee’s employing entity (e.g., secondment from member firm, GRC, etc) while maintaining consistency with KPMGI best practices.
- Lead, mentor, and develop the KPMGI team of HR Business Advisors (Global Senior Manager, Manager and Staff levels); Inspire, guide, motivate and manage team performance to deliver on agreed strategic priorities; Manage and proactively address team attrition, engagement, and continuity; Drive and encourage collaboration across the team to facilitate best practice knowledge sharing to drive consistency.
- Ensure the team is fairly assessed and recognized for their contributions - set personal development and performance objectives for the team and assess performance against relevant HR benchmarks / criteria; contribute to the most optimal developmental paths in each case.
- Actively participate in the leadership and governance of the KPMGI P&C function, supporting the activation of the people strategy to deliver a best-in-class people experience.
What you bring to the role
- Significant experience as a seasoned HR Practitioner with a proven track record in global organizations, managing HR processes in multiple jurisdictions, in professional services or other related industries.
- Experience providing strategic people consultation to senior business leaders driving optimal business outcomes and minimizing risk.
- Experience in managing key HR annual processes in a complex matrixed organization environment with proven success.
- Experience in leading and managing an experienced HR team; providing coaching, development, and cultivation of talent.
- Minimum 8 years professional experience, with at least 5 years leadership experience within a human resource function, preferably with global experience
- Seasoned HR Practitioner with a proven track record in Professional Services or other related industries
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Organizational Psychology, Business Administration or related field from an accredited college/university
- SPHR, GPHR, SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP preferred
Keys to your success
KPMG individuals Deliver Impact | Seek Growth | Inspire Trust and understand that a diverse workforce enables us to deepen relationships and strengthen our business.
Providing you with the support you need to be at your best
For more information about KPMG in Canada’s Benefits and well-being, click here.
Our Values, The KPMG Way
Integrity, we do what is right | Excellence, we never stop learning and improving | Courage, we think and act boldly | Together, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here.
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to visit our accessibility page.