Kitchen Supervisor – The Rec Room Calgary Deerfoot City
City : Calgary
Category : Part-time Customer Service
Industry : Food And Beverages
Employer : Cineplex
The Kitchen Supervisor is responsible for supporting the kitchen leadership in coordinating, supervising and directing all aspects of kitchen operations, while maintaining high quality menu options and service levels. The Kitchen Supervisor is expected to lead kitchen staff to create and prepare menu items in an efficient manner. The Kitchen Supervisor is further required to support the kitchen with ensuring the safe and healthy preparation of meals and sanitation techniques at all times to avoid cross-contamination and the spoiling of food and beverages. Other duties may be required.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assist in all kitchen operations.
- Assist in cost of goods controls.
- Assist in labour control.
- Training and coaching of kitchen employees.
- Maintain food quality standards.
- Assist in execution of all Groups and Events.
- Prepare orders of all goods for requisition.
- Maintain all health and safety standards.
- Assist in food inventory counts.
- Report on all necessary repair and maintenance.
- Assist in completion of all line checks, cleaning duty rotation, and temperature logs.
- Maintain cleanliness, stocking, and proper operation of all dish areas.
- Provide station relief based on business levels.
- Manage staff in accordance with business demands and trends.
- Assist in implementation and enforcement menu recipe requirements.
- Ensure the safe storage and disposal of food and beverages.
- Ensure any food returned to the kitchen is counted and disposed of as waste.
- Maintain accurate log of food and beverage waste.
- Ensure preparation and cooking stations are well stocked.
- Enforce proper sanitation and preparation practices and procedures.
- Other duties shall be assigned as required.
- Post-Secondary in Culinary Arts or Hospitality considered an asset.
- Secondary School Diploma required.
- 3-5 years' restaurant kitchen experience required.
- Experience in high volume food program considered an asset.
- Smart Serve certification considered an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and direct a team considered an asset.
- Ability to respond quickly in a dynamic and changing environment.
- Required to work flexible hours inclusive of evenings and weekends.
- Manual dexterity required to operate various kitchen appliances and equipment.
- Interacts with employees, management and the public at large.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Standing and walking for long periods at a time.
- Irregular shifts; evenings and weekends may be required.
- Noisy and fast-paced environment.
- Extended hours may be required.
- Some travel may be required.
- Ability to attend and conduct presentations.
- Exposure to hot grill or oven with temperatures as high as 350-500ºF.
- Exposure to walk-in refrigerator with temperatures as low as 40ºF.
- Exposure to walk-in freezer with temperatures as low as 0ºF.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
Interested applicants please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please