Kitchen Helper – Pastry
City : Toronto
Category : Part-time Hourly
Industry : Food and Beverage
Employer : Metro Toronto Convention Centre (MTCC)
Rotating (Days, Evening, Nights, Weekends) as Required
Labourers’ International Union of North America (LiUNA), Local 506
A multi-award winning facility, the Metro Toronto Convention Centre (MTCC) has earned a solid reputation as North America’s leading Convention Centre, and has held over 18,000 events and hosted over 55 million guests since opening for business in October 1984. Covering over 2 million square feet, the MTCC is Canada’s largest convention facility, boasting seven exhibit halls, two large capacity ballrooms, and a beautiful 1,232 seat theatre among its many assets. It also houses 70 fully furnished meeting rooms, and 167,000 square feet of beautifully decorated pre-function spaces.
The MTCC is conveniently connected to Toronto’s Union Station railway and transit station through the Skywalk and is also accessible via the city’s underground PATH system.
MTCC is a Crown Corporation of the Province of Ontario and is proudly governed and led by an executive management team and an independent board of directors comprised of senior private sector business leaders. The mandate of the company is to position the Centre as a world-class destination, while helping to generate economic benefit to the community and at the same time remaining financially self-sufficient.
The Metro Toronto Convention Centre prides itself on its professionalism, responsiveness, and dedication to making every event it hosts memorable for its customers and guests alike.
We are seeking a Kitchen Helper - Pastry to join our dedicated Pastry staff. You will assist in the preparation, cooking, and presentation of desserts in our professional kitchen. This position requires flexibility and shift work, including early days, evenings and weekends.
- Prepare all served desserts and pastries
- Plan food production to coordinate with meal serving hours
- Memorize, record, and comprehend menu items, abbreviations, plate appearance, and portions
- Follow standard recipes and special diet orders
- Operate standard kitchen equipment safely and efficiently
- Adhere to all sanitation and food production codes
- Clean and maintain kitchen equipment, utensils, and appliances
Job Skills and Requirements
- Relevant Baking and Pastry certificate, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Previous experience in baking, baking arts, or other related fields
- Knowledge of kitchen equipment and baking techniques
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well in teams
For a behind the scenes look at how our team helps our customers create successful events, visit our Instagram page:
Interested applicants are asked to submit their application no later than:
August 19, 2022
Please note: The Metro Toronto Convention Centre is proud to provide employment accommodation during the recruitment process. During any stage of the recruitment process, applicants have the right to request accommodation.