Junior Transportation Planner
City : VANCOUVER
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Junior Transportation Planner - ( 240000D0 )
Think of your career as a journey? Come pave the tracks to innovation with our Transit & Rail team and provide revolutionary options for safe, efficient, and affordable transit. Be a part of this change…from the first mile to the last.
As an integral team member, you will have the opportunity to work on diverse projects covering a wide range of transportation planning projects from Rapid Transit to Zero Emissions Bus planning, active travel to travel demand management as well as sport-based operations planning and studies.
You will have the opportunity to interface and work with diverse internal groups within Stantec that cover the range of transportation planning and engineering, in addition to clients through our project teams on projects throughout North America.
Our intent is to grow the Transit and Mobility sector significantly and this is an opportunity to drive your career in this field.
- You can expect opportunities to work on projects that include:
- Transportation Planning and Policy Development
- Transit planning and delivery,
- Transit service planning
- Detailed analysis of ridership
- Operational analysis
- Network review and revision
- Mapping of networks and operations plans
- Pedestrian analysis
- Origin-Destination analysis
- Parking studies and analysis
- Event operations planning
- Event Operations documentation and auditing
- Multi-modal level of service evaluations
- Report writing and documentation
- Proposal support as required.
- Meet job/project deadlines as determined in conjunction with the project schedule.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Technical Skills and Experience
- A strong interest in transportation planning principles and policies is key.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software including Word and Excel is required.
- Knowledge/experience of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) is required
- Knowledge/Experience of coding is considered an asset.
- Knowledge of Adobe Suite
- Experience with programming languages is considered an asset.
- Knowledge of the following is considered an asset:
- Transit planning and operations
- Curbside management and parking,
- Active transportation,
- Complete Streets,
- A valid driver’s license is an asset.
- Sports and events planning experience is an asset.
- Personal Skills
- Problem-solving abilities to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner and to gather and analyze information skillfully.
- Prioritizes and plans work activities effectively; uses time efficiently.
- Strong interest and preferable experience in transit and mobility planning.
- Strong organizational skills and understanding of how to prioritize.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills.
- Creative problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Some familiarity with project management is an asset.
- Ability to work in a team environment, synthesize problems, and communicate points of view and analytical results.
- Travel may be required to deliver and present plans or documents to agencies or clients, or to attend meetings. May occasionally be required to visit study areas, and be exposed to the elements/inclement weather conditions.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Transportation Planning or related Engineering field.
- Work experience in a transit agency or transit environment or at a high level in venue-based operations is considered a strong asset.
- This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Pay transparency laws require employers to provide the following information for positions that may be in the following jurisdiction(s):
- $29.69 - $41.54 Min/Max Pay Range for postings located in BC
The final agreed upon compensation is based on individual education, qualifications, experience, and work location. At Stantec certain roles are bonus eligible.
Benefits Summary: Regular full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
The benefits information listed above may not apply to union positions because benefits for such positions are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Primary Location : Canada-British Columbia-Vancouver
Work Locations :
Organization : BC-1158 Transpt-CA British Columbia
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Entry Level
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Jan 24, 2024, 2:40:16 PM
Req ID: 240000D0
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans