Junior to Intermediate Project Manager – Transportation and Municipal Infrastructure
City : Edmonton, AB
Category : Z-WSP E&I Canada Ltd.
Industry : Engineering
Employer : WSP
WSP is one of the world's leading professional services firms – made stronger with the recent creation of WSP E&I Canada Ltd., a wholly-owned subsidiary of WSP Canada Inc.
We have over 63,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000 people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
WSP E&I has an exciting opportunity available for a Junior/Intermediate Project Manager for Transportation and Municipal Infrastructure related work.
We are seeking a motivated candidate who combines strong technical and project management skills with a keen ability to ensure that projects remain on schedule and within budget.
The role includes responsibility for providing leadership in the performance management of activities related to the overall execution of project work within the Transportation and Municipal Infrastructure sectors. This includes a wide range of responsibilities including items such as coordination and planning, providing multi-disciplinary team direction, contract/work force administration, safety/incident management, quality and change management.
If you want to get involved with this type of fast paced environment and thrive on challenges, this is a great opportunity for you
- We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging
- Our Flexible Work Policy – we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
- Our Hybrid Work Policy - a combination of in-person and remote working, enables us to purposefully think of how we work, who we need to work with, and where the work should be done.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things.
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.
A day in the life:
As a Junior/Intermediate Project Manager, your day will include
- Project coordination and management – both field and office
- Liaise with senior project managers to coordinate effective work plans
- Assisting Engineers with design work and coordinating design teams
- Manage projects, including Change Management, Quality, Scheduling, Budgets, etc.
- Coordination of detailed design and design reviews by appropriate staff
- Preparation of tender documents and contract preparation & administration
- Provide construction support as required to support the project team
- Liaise with existing clients, involvement with proposals and project presentations
- Develop new business opportunities for continued business growth
What you'll bring to WSP ...
- Technical Diploma or University Degree in Engineering or a related field
- Professional designation: PMP, CET, EIT or P.Eng. designation would be considered an asset
- Familiarity with the use of AutoCAD, Civil 3d, and other standard design software would be considered an asset
- Familiarity with Transportation and/or Municipal Infrastructure Standards (ie: City of Edmonton, Alberta Transportation, BC MoTI, etc.) is required for this role
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in cross-functional and interdisciplinary teams
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbal and written at multiple levels of an organization. Strong writing skills are required for proposals, reports and other deliverables.
- Experience with Site Safety management is considered an asset
- Desire to provide exceptional client service and a commitment to technical excellence.