Junior Structural Technologist
City : FREDERICTON
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Junior Structural Technologist - ( 230001TS )
Join a team that does more than generate and deliver electricity through its work; join a team that powers growth and advances communities. Seeing beyond the project at hand, you’ll work with us to advance the industry and build your career. We operate with the strength of a $3B company and have the agility of a specialized power group, and work on some of the most challenging and cutting edge projects around the world. Whether helping to define microgrids, pushing the boundaries on clean energy or grid modernization, you’ll find yourself working with leaders in transmission & distribution, heavy industrial facilities, thermal generation, and renewable energy in one of the world’s top 10 design firms, broadening your skills and developing your career.
Our Power team in the Fredericton, NB office is seeking a Junior Structural Engineering Technologist to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a motivated, energetic individual who wants to challenge their abilities in a dynamic work environment.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Uses knowledge of tools and drafting to complete assigned tasks including design changes, site layouts, dimension control plans, redlining, plotting and drafting.
- Perform preliminary engineering calculations and develop preliminary designs.
- Revises drawings, copies existing drawings and completes simple calculations.
- Work collaboratively with Project Engineers and Project Managers to assist in planning, design, CAD drafting and preparation of construction plans, bid documents, technical specifications, and construction cost estimates in connection with a variety of structural engineering projects.
- May perform field surveys for drawing development, site reviews, and as recorded drawings.
- Communicate with other team members and become familiar with Stantec standards.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Understands basics of enhanced 3D Software and knowledge of CAD Standards.
- Knowledge of software programs including AutoCAD and Revit, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Developing cooperative skills in working efficiently with a team.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work under and meet tight deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills, along with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and demonstrate a flexible approach to work assignments.
- Valid drivers license
Education and Experience
Technical degree/diploma/certificate or equivalent in related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Position will primarily work in an office setting; may require some field work.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Benefits Summary: Full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
Primary Location : Canada-New Brunswick-Fredericton
Organization : BC-1335 Energy-CA Atlantic
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Entry Level
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Apr 24, 2023, 10:15:11 AM
Req ID: 230001TS
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans