Junior Site Reliability Engineer
City : Markham
Category : Other
Industry : Technology/Computer Services
Employer : IBM
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM is trailblazing new cloud technologies and services that span key technology areas that includes Security Services, Business Support Systems, and Identity and Access Management capabilities running on IBM’s industry leading Containers platform. We are looking for experienced candidates with a broad array of full-stack development skills that span both backend, UI development, test automation and DevOps. As a software engineer, the ideal candidate must bring a deep level of experience designing, implementing, and troubleshooting modern cloud services. In addition, they are accountable as individuals and organizational leaders for delivering value by bringing relevant technology domain and implementation ability in topics aligned with the cloud platform integration, orchestration/provisioning, security, and DevOps. Cloud software developers are also expected to aid in the gathering of business and technical requirements, implement specific technologies while demonstrating progress on a regular basis, and work with technical leads or project managers to identify and overcome technical blockers.
Who You Are:
The IBM RegTech Cloud Team is looking for a talented, innovative, and enthusiastic Cloud DevOps professional that will build the next generation cloud and security services to make our customers succeed.
What You Will Do:
IBM Cloud has a global cloud presence that continues to grow and expand its reach. Our Cloud Platform engineering team handles delivering Platform services with top-notch performance, first-rate security, fail-safe reliability and exceptional quality. An IBM Cloud DevOps engineer will be the key individual responsible for development of DevOps, Security, Monitoring tooling, for new cloud services on the IBM Cloud Platform. You will get to work with Fortune 100 Enterprise clients and build hyperscale cloud services for the largest companies in the world. We are a global team, so communication skills (both verbal and written) are critical as well as flexibility to collaborate with team members in other time zones.
Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- About 2-3 years of experience in the role of DevOps engineer. Experience building DevOps tooling for a truly distributed architecture-based system will be huge plus.
- Experience in multiple of the following areas is required:
- Strong understanding of DevOps practices & tools, logging and monitoring tools
- Experience implementing distributed applications in a container environment (Docker/Kubernetes/OpenShift)
- Strong RDBMS (DB2) systems experience is desired
- We believe in automating everything, and the expectation is to create automated/automatable solutions.
- Caching is a key skill in the cloud, and a strong candidate will show exceptional skills with local and edge caching solutions.
- The ability to debug web-based solutions on both client and server sides would be a skill of the preferred candidate
- Having hands on experience with designing and developing microservices is also preferred.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience in multiple of the following areas is desirable:
- Passion for DevOps, Security, and interest in learning emerging technologies
- Working knowledge on any of NodeJS, GitHub, python, Ansible and Java.
- Familiarity with Jenkins as build driving a full unit test, build verification, and production code delivery pipeline.
- Ability to stand up and configure software solutions in a cloud environment.
- Candidates are expected to be self-starting and self-motivating Individuals.
- Agile development Experience.
- A security minded individual is needed.
- You Should be Passionate About learning:
- Delivery pipeline for CI / CD / Ops
- Integration with Monitoring and Logging tools
- Gather insights from alerts and logs
- Provide clear and advance communication to clients, colleagues and stakeholders about upcoming system changes
- Take initiative to improve customer experience in using advanced technics, new technologies judiciously to reduce complexity
About Business UnitIBM’s Cloud and Cognitive software business is committed to bringing the power of IBM’s Cloud and Watson/AI technologies to life for our clients and ecosystem partners around the world. IBM provides you with the most comprehensive and consistent approach to development, security and operations across hybrid environments—with complete software solutions for business and IT operations, development, data science, security, and management. Our experts and software capabilities help organizations develop applications once and deploy them anywhere, integrate security across the breadth of their IT estate, and automate operations with management visibility. With IBM, you also have access to new skills and methods, governance and management approaches, and a deep ecosystem of industry experts and partners.
Your Life @ IBMIn a world where technology never stands still, we understand that, dedication to our clients success, innovation that matters, and trust and personal responsibility in all our relationships, lives in what we do as IBMers as we strive to be the catalyst that makes the world work better.
Being an IBMer means you’ll be able to learn and develop yourself and your career, you’ll be encouraged to be courageous and experiment everyday, all whilst having continuous trust and support in an environment where everyone can thrive whatever their personal or professional background.
Our IBMers are growth minded, always staying curious, open to feedback and learning new information and skills to constantly transform themselves and our company. They are trusted to provide on-going feedback to help other IBMers grow, as well as collaborate with colleagues keeping in mind a team focused approach to include different perspectives to drive exceptional outcomes for our customers. The courage our IBMers have to make critical decisions everyday is essential to IBM becoming the catalyst for progress, always embracing challenges with resources they have to hand, a can-do attitude and always striving for an outcome focused approach within everything that they do.
Are you ready to be an IBMer?
About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business. At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
Location StatementMust have the ability to work in Canada without sponsorship.
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by Export Regulations sanctions. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following US sanctioned countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Syria, and the Crimea, Luhansk, Donetsk, Kherson, and Zaporizhia regions of Ukraine) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.