Junior Railway Engineer
City : MARKHAM
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Junior Railway Engineer - ( 23000024 )
Whatever the distance, wherever the destination—our designs lead you there. Our Transportation group provides comprehensive planning, design, and engineering services for all phases of airport, bridge, rail, roadway, and transit projects. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
An immediate opening exists in our Markham Transportation group for Junior Railway Designer/Engineer. Our intent is to grow this practice area significantly across the company, and this is an opportunity to assist in developing our rapidly growing business
Your Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Design track and railway infrastructure in accordance with AREMA, CN, CP and GO Transit track standards.
- Development and production of horizontal and vertical track alignment designs, cross sections, special trackwork detailing, setting out and railway embankment grading and drainage drawings.
- Development and production of regulatory drawings for at-grade road/rail crossings
- Quality control checking of track designs and drawing packages prior to submission.
- Work collaboratively with senior track engineers and multi-disciplinary design teams.
- Preparation of design calculations, design briefs, presentation, and reports.
- Calculation of quantities and preparation of cost estimates.
- Preparation of project specifications for materials and construction.
- Assisting in preparing tender documents and construction administration activities.
- Comply with Stantec Quality Management, Safety, and Environmental policies
- Conducting the fieldwork, as required, involving design development, performing periodic inspections and preparation of as built conditions.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Technical understanding of track alignment and track form design for standard trackwork, special trackwork, ballasted and non-ballasted track and associated grading and drainage
- Experience with grading, drainage, and track alignment design for mainlines, sidings, industrial yards and spur tracks, intermodal and transload facilities, subway, commuter and light rail transit
- Familiarity with AREMA, Class 1 Railroad and Light Rail Transit design.
- Ability to complete conceptual plans, preliminary & detailed designs.
- Preferred Software experience - AutoCAD, Civil 3D, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills in complex and changing environments.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor Degree from an accredited University engineering program, or equivalent
- P.Eng. eligible in the province of Ontario.
- Preferably 3 to 5 years’ experience in railway track engineering
Position will primarily work in an office setting; may require some field work.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-Markham
Organization : BC-1605 Transportation-CA Ontario East
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Jan 11, 2023, 6:18:30 AM
Req ID: 23000024
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans