Junior Project Cost Analyst
City : Calgary, AB
Category : T&I - Transportation Systems
Industry : Engineering
Employer : WSP
WSP is currently seeking a Project Cost Analyst to join our Rail & Transit group, located at our Calgary office. Reporting to the Project Controls Lead, this position will be responsible for project cost management related tasks for transportation related projects/programs.
- We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging
- Our Flexible Work Policy – we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
- Our Hybrid Work Policy - a combination of in-person and remote working, enables us to purposefully think of how we work, who we need to work with, and where the work should be done.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things.
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.
A day in the life:
- Coordinate teams including staff from within the group as well as staff from other business units and ensure communications are provided in an accurate and timely manner
- Work on a team to deliver true legacy projects that make a difference to the world we live in
- Manage subconsultants including but not limited to their proposals, agreements, invoices, schedules, and deliverables
- Develop, track, and monitor budgets as well as provide forecasts on a regular basis
- Coordinate with project accountant and project biller and provide clear instructions to ensure budgets are correctly maintained in the system and invoicing is done accurately and in a timely manner and all necessary backup documentation is provided to the client to avoid payment delays
- Develop realistic baseline schedules and maintain these on a regular basis, providing justification where revisions are warranted
- Review project deliverables to ensure requirements are fulfilled
- Attend meetings and prepare and distribute agendas, meeting summaries, and meeting packages
- Prepare and distribute monthly progress reports
- Maintain communications with clients and project teams and provide/prepare responses to team/client requests
- Review in detail contract documents and agreements to be able to identify tasks/client requests that are within or out of scope
- Maintain project folders both internal to the team as well as those shared with clients
- Identify opportunities for social procurement
- Apply Triple Bottom Line (financial, social and environmental) thinking to each client project
- Other duties as assigned
- Coordinate calls, meetings and communications between customers and project team throughout the project implementation phase.
- Working with clients to detail specific project deliverables
- Inform management on customer needs and business opportunities.
What you'll bring to WSP ...
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Cost
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in project management
- Proficient in MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Project or Primavera
- Knowledge of linear infrastructure processes for design and contract administration
- Ability to quickly identify and understand project issues and opportunities and proactively provide options for solutions
- Ability to multitask, set priorities, and accommodate multiple requests from various sources in any given day
- A team player who thrives on working with other successful, energetic people
- An excellent communicator, with strong verbal, written and presentation skills