Junior Planner- Community Development
City : CALGARY
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Junior Planner- Community Development - ( 2300011H )
Strong communities don’t just happen—they’re built. They’re creatively imagined, collaboratively planned, and readied to face tomorrow with optimism. We’re driving the future of Community Development. Our experts lead their fields, collaborating on projects that are as technically challenging as they are impactful, creative, and fulfilling. We’re a place where you can apply your passion—and find endless opportunities to help make communities more equitable, resilient, and livable.
As a Junior Planner within our Community Development team based in our Calgary office, you will have the opportunity to work on projects in the private and public sectors such as policy plans, new development plans, Outline Plans, Area Structure Plans, public engagement, and infrastructure planning. The role spans a broad range of planning disciplines and would suit an individual with strong experience in a variety of planning capacities. Your focus in this role will be ensuring consistent and high-quality deliverables and bringing your subject matter expertise to inform and offer value to our clients. As a 22,000 person interdisciplinary firm, the business opportunities within Stantec are endless. At the same time, our planning and design team in the Calgary office totals ten staff which provides for a close working environment.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Support of development of reports and documents to facilitate the processing and approval of development applications, including Outline Plans, Area Structure Plans, and Development Permits.
- Supports the planning and organization of work throughout the life of a project to successfully deliver the project to the client.
- Utilize your knowledge of provincial and local planning policy in the preparation and management of planning policy studies.
- Assist organization of public consultation programs.
- Support marketing initiatives including strategic planning, opportunity identification, proposal pursuit and preparation, client liaison, preparation of on-line marketing content and social media monitoring.
- Interface with clients and provide clear, well-articulated and solution-oriented recommendations.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Ability to support complex policy, land development, and community planning tasks.
- Eligibility for membership in the Alberta Professional Planners Institute and Canadian Institute of Planning.
- Understanding of land development processes and planning policy/theory.
- Strong communication, negotiation, interpersonal and time management skills with the ability to function in a high volume, challenging environment.
- Demonstrates ability to readily identify potential problems on a project.
- Efficient project management of multiple concurrent projects.
- Highly effective in building and maintaining relationships.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills. Experience with inDesign an asset.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or equivalent in Planning.
Typical office environment working with computers. Some travel may be required to attend meetings with clients and review agencies. May occasionally visit study areas, construction sites and/or be exposed to outside elements and inclement weather conditions.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-Alberta-Calgary
Organization : BC-1165 CommDev-CA Alberta South
Employee Status : Temporary
Job Level : Entry Level
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Mar 9, 2023, 1:21:24 PM
Req ID: 2300011H
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans