Junior Materials Testing Technicians – Winnipeg
City : Winnipeg, MB
Category : Z-WSP E&I Canada Ltd.
Industry : Engineering
Employer : WSP
WSP is one of the world's leading professional services firms – made stronger with the recent creation of WSP E&I Canada Ltd., a wholly-owned subsidiary of WSP Canada Inc.
We have over 63,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000 people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
WSP E&I’s Winnipeg team has interesting and exciting seasonal opportunities for Junior Materials Technicians to join our team in Winnipeg, MB. These junior positions are a perfect way to gain real-world experience in the construction and consulting industries .
- We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging
- Our Flexible Work Policy – we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
- Our Hybrid Work Policy - a combination of in-person and remote working, enables us to purposefully think of how we work, who we need to work with, and where the work should be done.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things.
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.
A day in the life:
- Prioritize work in a team environment. Responsible for providing client service
- Provide quality control and quality assurance on a variety of laboratory and field projects including but not limited to:
- Concrete Field and Laboratory Testing
- Aggregate Field and Laboratory Testing
- Foundation Installation Monitoring
- Earthworks Construction Monitoring
- Preparation of Field Reports
- Out of town work should be anticipated, and typically based on rotation bases
What you'll bring to WSP ...
- Completion of a Geological, Construction or Civil Engineering Technology program - Ideal candidates will have 1-3 years of related materials testing experience including aggregate, concrete, and asphalt, but applicants with less experience will be considered.
- Preference will be given to individuals with foundation installation monitoring experience - Knowledge of CSA, ASTM, and Provincial Test Methods an asset – Detail-oriented, organized, team player, and self-motivated.
- Must be well organized, manage and prioritize several tasks at once, and ensure commitment to service and technical excellence.
- Willingness and ability to work outdoors for long days in rough terrain, and harsh elements.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be able to lift independently up to a maximum of 50 lbs.
- Flexible to work overtime as required - Must have & wear CSA Safety boots while in the field.
- Must have an unrestricted Class 5 Driver’s License valid in the province of Manitoba with a clean driver’s abstract.
- Legally eligible to work in Canada