Junior/ Intermediate Infrastructure Asset Manager, Water Wastewater
City : Thornhill, ON
Category : T&I - Water & Wastewater
Industry : Engineering
Employer : WSP
The WSP Infrastructure Management team is actively seeking an Intermediate level Infrastructure Engineer for immediate employment in its Thornhill, ON, office. In addition to a strong technical ability, you will have an innovative approach, communicate clearly and effectively, be organized, and work collaboratively with other team members. This position is ideal for an individual who possesses an appropriate balance of both technical ability and people skills, with the ability and motivation to take on increasing amounts of responsibilities.
- We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging
- Our Flexible Work Policy – we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
- Our Hybrid Work Policy - a combination of in-person and remote working, enables us to purposefully think of how we work, who we need to work with, and where the work should be done.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things.
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.
A day in the life:
- Assisting the WSP Infrastructure Management team in delivering specialist Asset Management consultancy services for a range of public and private sector clients involving a diverse asset portfolio including water and wastewater utilities, municipal, transit, airports and ports, and facilities
- Participate in the establishment of risk-based and fact-based methodologies to address client infrastructure asset management needs
- Development, enhancement, and update of asset hierarchies and registries
- Development of life-cycle strategies and long-term asset management plans for infrastructure assets
- Occasional field work to acquire additional infrastructure data or to confirm accuracy of asset data
- Proposal writing and business development
- Development of solutions to client challenges, with a focus on financial analysis and capital investment.
- Innovation and pursuit of collaborative, creative approaches and work on exciting engineering and asset management projects and asset related initiatives
- Work effectively and competently with people at all levels in the organization
- Have excellent self-management skills, including working effectively with or without direct supervision, managing and organizing fluctuating workloads
- Be assigned as a consultant to a wide variety of areas
What you'll bring to WSP ...
- Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering, or similar
- 4+ years of experience
- Registration as P.Eng. in Ontario or eligible to register
- Have practical knowledge in the area of public sector infrastructure with an emphasis on infrastructure asset management, condition assessment procedures, data gathering techniques, data collection and analysis, and system performance monitoring
- High level of proficiency in the use of Excel and database software is a core competency
- Proven working experience as a data analyst would be a plus
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Articulate and confident, with excellent presentation skills (both oral and written)
- Other post-secondary education in, Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management, GIS, or Statistics would be an advantage
- Experience with databases (Access, SQL, etc.), Geographic Information Systems (e.g. ArcGIS) and Work Management Systems (CityWorks, Maximo, etc.) would be a definite asset
- Experience with condition assessment for municipal infrastructure would be an asset