Junior Geotechnical Engineer
City : BURNABY
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Junior Geotechnical Engineer - ( 2200024W )
Build the foundation for a lasting and successful career in geotechnical engineering by starting with a good team. When we say that we’re full-service, we mean it. You’ll find us in the office, on site and in the lab. We work indoors and out, above and below ground, over and under water, across projects large and small. From field exploration and laboratory testing to the design and construction management of complex geotechnical structures, our team does work that’s rock solid. Join our team today!
As a Junior Geotechnical Engineer you will have the opportunity to work on engineering and geotechnical projects in a multi-discipline project team environment. Working in our Burnaby, British Columbia office where many of Stantec’s design projects take place, in this role the candidate will have the opportunity to exercise their technical and interpersonal skills while growing in their career.
Your Key Responsibilities
- You will work with a team of engineers and technologists/technicians performing general geotechnical responsibilities.
- Conducting materials testing and inspection services during construction
- Assisting senior staff with the completion of geotechnical investigations which will include both field and office-based work
- Developing technical skills by assisting the senior staff with various geotechnical analyses
- Assisting senior staff with the preparation of technical proposals and reports
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- The successful candidate will demonstrate initiative, excel under minimal supervision, and be comfortable in a fast-paced environment.
- Valid Canadian Driver’s Licence; must be willing to provide a driver’s abstract for review
- Registration with EGBC (or other Provincial Engineering Body) or eligibility to be registered as a P.Eng is preferred
Education and Experience
Minimum of a Ph.D. in Civil/Geotechnical Engineering from a recognized university.
Minimum 3 years previous experience as an EIT in geotechnical engineering, experience as an engineer in training in geotechnical engineering, or experience in geotechnical related work (i.e., site investigations, design of deep and shallow foundations, slope stability and on-site review of construction activities, or geotechnical laboratory research, etc.) is preferred.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-British Columbia-Burnaby
Job : Geotechnical Engineer
Organization : BC-1233 Environmental Services-GE-CA Alberta South
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 20 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Jun 14, 2022, 3:41:24 PM
Req ID: 2200024W
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans