Junior Field Technician
City : Toronto, ON
Category : Environment - Geotechnical & Materials
Industry : Engineering
Employer : WSP
We are a global leader in the Earth and Environment sector. Globally headquartered in Montreal, where it all began, we proudly serve communities from coast to coast and beyond. We have over 14,000 multidisciplinary professionals worldwide collaborating daily to protect and conserve natural landscapes, create firm foundations for communities to stand on, and champion sustainable development to combat climate change.
As part of the team, you will have access to an unparalleled network of resources, expertise, and endless opportunities to collaborate on exciting projects with diverse teammates from marine biologists to geophysicists to geotechnical engineers and more.
You’ll be part of our growing team, using your skills as a field technician to provide geotechnical material testing services and involved on major Infrastructure projects in Canada. This experience will help you to develop your future career.
- We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging
- Our Flexible Work Policy – we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
- Our Hybrid Work Policy - a combination of in-person and remote working, enables us to purposefully think of how we work, who we need to work with, and where the work should be done.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things.
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.
A day in the life:
- You'll be using your expertise to complete field geotechnical material testing services, write field reports, collaborate with our many counterparts in all our different disciplines at WSP and provide expertise and client deliverables on projects;
- You’ll be managing relationships with internal and external clients and ensuring that their needs are understood and met, providing your guidance and expertise;
- You’ll ensure that the appropriate background research and analysis is completed in consultation with the appropriate government agencies
What you'll bring to WSP ...
- University or college diploma or experience in geotechnical material testing services
- You enjoy fieldwork and like to work autonomously – think the opposite of your standard 9-5 desk job!
- You’ve got access to a vehicle, a clean Driver’s Abstract, and you know your way around the MS Office suite of products;
- You want to experience what it’s like to work for the leading geotechnical consulting firm globally and be part of a growing and thriving team!