Junior Electrical Technologist
City : Markham
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Junior Electrical Technologist - ( 220004DQ )
Our Stantec Buildings Group offers services for all phases of the project life cycle, from pre-project planning through detailed design, construction and operations, to decommissioning. This is where great ideas and rewarding careers are built. Exercising creativity and ingenuity, our team delivers innovative, integrated, and practical solutions to complex problems for many sectors, including healthcare, industrial facilities, education, civic, commercial and airports. Comprised of industry experts, engineers, technologists, and architects, we provide career opportunities as unique as you are.
An opportunity exists in Stantec's Waterloo and Markham, ON offices for a highly motivated Junior/Intermediate Electrical Technologist to join our multidisciplinary team. In this role you will be working within an electrical engineering team towards the design and execution of projects ranging in size and complexity, with a focus on municipal, federal, industrial, , commercial and land development projects.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- As the successful candidate, your responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Assist in the design of building related electrical systems including power distribution, lighting, communications, fire alarm and life safety systems across Canada using applicable codes, standards, and reference materials.
- Prepare contract drawings, schematics, schedules, details, and sketches from conceptual design through to construction.
- Produce aspects of electrical design and drawings in REVIT MEP, as well as in AutoCAD.
- Review equipment selections, perform preliminary engineering calculations, and develop preliminary designs.
- Facilitate and ensure the quality of the project deliverables.
- Follow production guidelines and project standards to Stantec and Client drafting guidelines.
- Review shop drawings and other contractor submittals for compliance with construction documents.
- Perform field surveys for drawing developments, site reviews and as recorded drawings.
- Communicate with other team members and become familiar with Stantec standards to complete assignments and projects in a timely manner as required by the Project Manager, Discipline Lead or Supervisor.
Your Qualifications and Credentials
- Knowledge and familiarity with National Building Codes, Canadian Electrical Code (CEC) and the Ontario Electrical Safety Code (OESC).
- Excellent verbal and written skills to communicate effectively with colleagues and staff; a “team player” approach.
- Self-motivated and self-starter with a strong work ethic.
- Good time management skills and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Eager to learn with strong listening, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
Education and Experience
- Certificate or diploma in an engineering technology program.
- Minimum of 2 years of design experience in a consulting engineering environment with strong knowledge and experience with building electrical systems is preferred.
- Proficiency in Autodesk AutoCAD drafting and designing electrical project documents is required, Autodesk Revit® is preferred.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-Waterloo
Other Locations : Canada-Ontario-Markham
Organization : BC-1615 Buildings-CA Ontario West
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Entry Level
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Dec 27, 2022, 8:09:52 AM
Req ID: 220004DQ
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans