Junior Civil Technologist
City : Winnipeg, MB
Category : T&I - Land Development & Municipal Engineering
Industry : Engineering
Employer : WSP
- We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging
- Our Flexible Work Policy – we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
- Our Hybrid Work Policy - a combination of in-person and remote working, enables us to purposefully think of how we work, who we need to work with, and where the work should be done.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things.
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.
A day in the life:
- Provide technical support in Municipal Infrastructure projects, including topographic surveys; design and construction; contract administration, including construction layout
- Proficient in the operation of survey equipment, including GPS equipment. Must be able to undertake preliminary surveys, construction layout, volume and quantity calculations. Experience in Material Testing and Inspection would be an asset
- Proficient or a working ability with AutoCad
- Complete daily inspections and contribute to sections of technical reporting under the direction and supervision of intermediate and senior engineers
- Participate in and promote a safety-first culture
What you'll bring to WSP ...
- 0 to 2 years of relevant (post-degree) experience working in a consulting engineering or construction environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil (general municipal) Engineering, or as a Technologist
- Eligible for registration as a Professional Engineer in Manitoba, or as a Technologist with registration with CTTAM
- Strong technical writing, interpersonal communication, and emotional intelligence
- Be able to work in diverse teams, and in rural settings
- Be diligent and hard working to deliver high quality results
- Can prioritize time and demands
- Eager to learn, be challenged, and grow your career
- Commitment to safe work practices for yourself and your colleagues