Junior Civil Designer
City : SASKATOON
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Junior Civil Designer - ( 23000528 )
We create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving—whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
The role of a Junior Civil Designer is to work as a team member on roadways, bridge and culvert/hydraulic projects under the guidance of an Engineer. The Junior Civil Designer will utilize their knowledge and experience to contribute to a variety of projects ranging from conceptual design through to construction services.
A Junior Civil Designer will perform a variety of tasks which may include assisting with the development of conceptual and detailed engineered plans, and construction administration/support of structures and facilities such as bridges, railroads, roads, airports, other projects.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Develops grading and drainage design models using Civil 3D to assist in development of 2D plan and profiles, cross-sections and earthwork volumes;
- Prepares preliminary and detail design engineering drawings for site grading, drainage, earthworks, underground conveyance systems, roads, ponds, containment, excavations etc.;
- Performs civil quantities take-off / MTOs using Civil 3D program and spreadsheets;
- Performs vehicle turn or swept path analysis using AutoTURN software;
- Performs model checks and drawing design checks for others work as part of QA/QC procedure;
- Provides inputs to job-hour estimate, schedule and change orders;
- Attend model review, team meetings and client meetings, as required;
- Adheres to CAD standards and follows quality guidelines.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Proficiency using AutoCAD and Civil 3D Software. Experience with InRoads and other CAD software is an asset.
- Ability to work with Navisworks, BlueBeam, BIM 360/Projectwise is an asset.
- Understanding of civil engineering design concepts for grading, drainage, earthworks and roads.
- Solid understanding of coordinate systems.
- Excellent understanding of requirements and application of client CAD standards.
- Able to manage multiple projects.
- Strong communication, coordination, time management and organizational skills.
- Detail oriented and ability to remain focused.
- Ability to work independently or as a member of a team.
Education and Experience
- Civil engineering technician / technology diploma from a recognized community college or the ability to demonstrate sufficient knowledge received from previous experience in a similar position.
- 0 to 5 years of experience in engineering consulting or the construction industry.
Position will be a combination of office and field work. Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Benefits Summary: Regular full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
The benefits information listed above may not apply to union positions because benefits for such positions are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Primary Location : Canada-Saskatchewan-Saskatoon
Other Locations : Canada-Saskatchewan-Regina
Organization : BC-1110 Transpt-CA Saskatchewan
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Entry Level
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Dec 20, 2023, 6:20:48 PM
Req ID: 23000528
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans