Junior Bridge Engineer Technologist
City : MARKHAM
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Junior Bridge Engineer Technologist - ( 220001XC )
Whatever the distance, wherever the destination – our designs lead you there. Our Transportation group provides comprehensive planning, design, and engineering services for all phases of bridge, rail, roadway, and transit projects. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
An opportunity exists in our Markham office for a Junior Bridge Engineering Technologist. The Transportation Group consists of about 40 multi-disciplined staff that are involved in the planning and design of roads and bridges for Metrolinx, MTO, regions, municipalities, and railway owners. These projects encompass the entire life of the facility – from feasibility studies through detailed design and construction oversight. Are you excited by and passionate about this interesting and challenging field of engineering?
Your Key Responsibilities
As a Bridge Engineering Technologist in our Markham Transportation Group, you will be responsible for the following areas:
- Preparation and delivery of bridge planning, preliminary design, and detail design drawings for various bridge types and other transportation structures.
- Undertaking visual inspections and assessing condition of culverts, bridges, and other structures.
- Quantity calculations and cost estimating.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Knowledge of structural engineering; roadway and railway bridge background an asset.
- Knowledge of MTO bridge design manuals, rehabilitation manual, drawing standards, and practices.
- Knowledge of Metrolinx design manual, drawing standards, and practices.
- Familiarity with Ontario Structural Inspection Manual.
- Proficient in AutoCAD with working knowledge of Civil 3D.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Enthusiastic attitude with interest in skills development and continual improvement.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Good communication skills.
Education and Experience
Diploma in Civil Engineering Technology, with preference for individuals with or working towards registration as a Certified Engineering Technologist (CET).
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-Markham
Job : Civil Engineering Technician/Technologist
Organization : BC-1605 Transportation-CA Ontario East
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Entry Level
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : May 20, 2022, 9:45:12 AM
Req ID: 220001XC
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans