City : Toronto
Category : Banking
Industry : Banking
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 52126
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
GCM Banking is responsible for the profitable performance and acceptable credit risk of a portfolio of Financial Institutions relationships - The Junior Analyst will contribute to the GCM team by assisting the team of Directors, Associate Directors, and Associates.
• Supporting the team in the preparation of credit presentations, including on-boarding new clients, fund additions for the agency program, annual reviews and other day-to-day credit related requests;
• Preparing work flows in Risk Origins that are submitted to GCM Banking senior management, Global Risk Management and other internal Bank approval groups;
• Work with associates / associate directors on a portfolio of financial institution clients, including hedge funds, asset managers, mutual funds, broker dealers, banks and other clients of GCM. Team members within GCM are the primary contacts for the onboarding, credit execution and maintenance of these financial institutions relationships;
• Undergraduate level degree in Business or related field is required
• Highly proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, other database tools
• 1-2 years of related Banking experience is an asset
• Working knowledge of Bloomberg and/or Morningstar database is an asset
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Superior attention to detail skills
• Outstanding team player
• Ability to perform under pressure and meet tight deadlines, sometimes for extended periods of time
• Ability to prioritize and achieve deadlines
• Ability to react positively to change
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's international bank, we are a leader when it comes to inclusion. Scotiabankers hail from over 120 countries, speak more than 100 languages and serve over 23 million customers globally. As a highly diverse company, we know that an inclusive environment for employees and customers helps everyone achieve their best. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide a positive recruitment experience.
Subscribe to our newsletter & stay updated