City : New Annan
Category : Finance
Industry : Crop production
Employer : J.D. Irving
Wage range: $48,000-$57,000
Location - New Annan, PE
Cavendish Farms is a leading producer of frozen food products for retail and foodservice markets throughout Canada, the United States, and around the world. We have state-of-the-art potato processing plants in Prince Edward Island; Lethbridge, Alberta; and Jamestown, North Dakota; and an appetizer plant in Wheatley, Ontario. Our Head office is in Dieppe, New Brunswick with sales office locations in Toronto, Montreal, and Boston.
The farming division of Cavendish Farms includes sites that produce potatoes for processing plants in Prince Edward Island and Jamestown, North Dakota. The Cavendish Farms Research Centre breeds and develops new varieties of potatoes for a changing environment. There are also sites in New Brunswick and Nova Scotia where seed potatoes are grown for both internal and external customers.
The role of Junior Accountant is being added to support our Senior Accountant in PE who is responsible for finance and accounting functions within the farming division. This position provides an excellent opportunity to gain experience in all aspects of accounting.
- Prepare journal entries, perform account reconciliations, and analyze general ledger accounts
- Weekly & periodic financial reporting
- Liaise with operational & financial professionals
- Assist in the preparation of the annual tax and audit packages
- Assist with compliance responsibilities to meet internal control requirements
- Adherence to accounting policies and procedures
- Bachelor’s Degree with accounting concentration
- Enrolled in the Chartered Professional Accounting (CPA) Designation Program, or desire to pursue
- Strong technology aptitude – Proficient with MS Office Suite (JD Edwards experience is an asset)
- Continuous Improvement mindset
- Energized by working in a collaborative and fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
Cavendish Farms offers a great benefits package and competitive salary plus:
- A flexible health, drug, dental and vision plan
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Health & wellness reimbursements, includes gym memberships, fitness classes or online workout programs
- Maternity leave top-up program (if applicable)
- RRSP matching program
- Opportunities to take part in job related training and development as well as 24/7 access to online curated learning
- Growth and progression opportunities within Cavendish Farms and the larger network of the JD Irving, Limited group of companies
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online. An up-to-date resume of experience, education and accounting courses completed is required.
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Cavendish Farms Corporation is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.