Jr. Interior Designer
City : VANCOUVER
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Jr. Interior Designer - ( 240000MM )
Stantec Buildings is on a mission to become the world’s leading integrated design practice. Our architects, engineers, interior designers, sustainability specialists, and technologists are passionate about the power of design. We take an innovative, collaborative approach to projects, sharing a common belief that sustainable design for the built environment can make the world a better place for future generations. Join us and design your place with Stantec.
Our Vancouver, BC Interior Design Studio is looking for a highly motivated Junior Interior Designer to join our Interiors Practice on a full-time basis. This individual will be creative to the core, one who is driven by success and embraces being part of high performance, best-in-class team.
We truly believe we have the best team of people in the city. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people and their backgrounds. The studio is an open environment that is a hive of activity and collaboration where we encourage dialogue on design issues, believing we can all learn from each other.
Our Architectural and Interiors group creates high-performance, and award-winning buildings and interiors. We are passionate about the built environment, and we strive for our designs to impress in an intelligent and sustainable way. In our multidisciplinary, team-based environment, collaboration is key among a talented group. This is the place where great ideas and rewarding careers are realized.
Your Key Responsibilities
- The ability to tell a story through your designs
- Assist in the development of 2D and 3D concept design
- Research concepts and appropriate materials for projects as directed by design lead
- Participate in development of construction document packages under the guidance of senior staff
- Develop creative space planning that corresponds to programming documents
- Support the general team in meeting deadlines
- Build relationships with local reps
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- True passion for creative design
- Proven work ethic with integrity and commitment
- Highly motivated to produce excellent projects
- Agility in dealing with change
- Outgoing, energetic, team oriented and fun!
- Detail oriented and dependable, taking full ownership of assigned tasks
- Strategic, proactive, intuitive and can see the big picture
- Strong presentation skills with proficiency in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat Reader/Writer, experience with PowerPoint is an asset
- Strong conceptual design ability through the use of 3D models in SketchUp, REVIT, AutoCAD and other 3D or graphic design programs
- Excel at problem solving with great attention to detail and thirst to expand your knowledge
- Self-directed, able to work independently and know when to reach out for guidance and support
- Ability to collaborate with team, then incorporate solutions by following instructions
- Ready to receive and welcome coaching from supervisors and colleagues, summarize feedback and learn quickly from it
Education and Experience:
- A new graduate from an accredited CIDA Interior Design program. Previous internship experience is an asset.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others’ talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best. #DesignYourPlace
Pay transparency laws require employers to provide the following information for positions that may be in the following jurisdiction(s):
- Lower Mainland $27.59 PH - Lower Mainland $38.67 PH Min/Max Pay Range for postings located in BC (Lower Mainland includes Vancouver & Burnaby)
The final agreed upon compensation is based on individual education, qualifications, experience, and work location. At Stantec certain roles are bonus eligible.
Benefits Summary: Regular full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
The benefits information listed above may not apply to union positions because benefits for such positions are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Primary Location : Canada-British Columbia-Vancouver
Work Locations :
Organization : BC-1443 Buildings-CA British Columbia
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Entry Level
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Feb 12, 2024, 1:43:23 PM
Req ID: 240000MM
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans