Jr. HW Component Qualification Tester
City : Ottawa, Ontario
Category : Permanent
Industry : Applied R&D
Employer : Nokia
Hardware Component Qualification Tester
Come create the technology that helps the world act together
We are a B2B technology innovation leader pioneering the future where networks meet cloud.
At Nokia you will have a positive impact on people's lives and help build the capabilities needed for a more productive, sustainable, and accessible world.
Be part of a culture built on an inclusive way of working where we are open to your ideas, you are empowered to take risks and are encouraged to be fearless in bringing your authentic self to work.
The pandemic has highlighted how important telecoms networks are to society. Nokia's Network Infrastructure group is at the heart of a revolution to bring more and faster network capacity to people worldwide through our ambition, innovation, and technical expertise.
The team you will be a part of
The IP Routing division leads the industry with the best Network Processor technology (FP5), QoS, parallel processing, Network Function Virtualization, and product quality. Products cover the spectrum from small CPE-devices supporting a few low-speed Ethernet links to carrier-class and datacenter-class systems supporting terabits of routing capacity. Our world-leading technology enables us to offer customers 800GE and 1.6T links with unparalleled routing features.
What you will learn and contribute to
As a member of the hardware group you will work with the Sustaining Team that supports released products in Nokia's routing portfolio. You will gain practical experience with advanced circuit boards as you test and qualify new sources of electronic components.
As part of the team, you will:
- Build up router product test beds to qualify electronic components
- Operate thermal chambers to test across the system temperature range
- Plan and execute qualification plans
- Analyze lab results and reports findings to hardware engineers
Your skills and experience
You have :
- College diploma in Electrical Engineering Technology or similar
- Solid understanding of electronics concepts
- Familiarity with electronic test equipment such as oscilloscopes and multimeters
It would be nice if you also had:
- Scripting ability in Python or Perl
- Strong work ethic and good problem-solving skills
What we offer
Nokia offers flexible and hybrid working schemes, continuous learning opportunities, well-being programs to support you mentally and physically, opportunities to join and get supported by employee resource groups, mentoring programs and highly diverse teams with an inclusive culture where people thrive and are empowered.
- Company Culture: We believe our people are our greatest asset, and we aim to foster a fun, challenging, positive, and inclusive work environment. We offer 1-on-1 mentorship, learning and development opportunities, global impact and interaction, and flexible work/life balance.
Nokia is committed to inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer
Nokia has received the following recognitions for its commitment to inclusion & equality:
One of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere
Gender-Equality Index by Bloomberg
Workplace Pride Global Benchmark
At Nokia, we act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people.
Nokia's employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We are committed to a culture of inclusion built upon our core value of respect.
Join us and be part of a company where you will feel included and empowered to succeed.