Journeyperson Pipefitter- Utilities
City : Saskatoon, SK; Regina, SK; Edmonton - Area General; Jansen, SK
Category : Full time Pipefitting
Industry : Construction
Employer : Ledcor Group
Job Summary:You are an experienced certified Pipefitter with experience to support us with HDPE Underground utilities on a potash mine project. You will be an integral part of the Ledcor team working in Leroy SK. This is a long-term project which includes the installation of the site’s main distribution networks for gas, water and sewer lines.
Apply today to join the Ledcor Heavy Civil Mining team on site!
- Demonstrates knowledge of functional operation of various piping system components by measuring, cutting, threading, and bolting up, valves and fittings
- Performs bolt up, rigging, and hydro testing
- Assembles and installs HDPE piping sections according to blueprints and job specifications
- Working safely in a team environment such as working with a crew of pipefitters or working with a welder
- Performs physically demanding tasks such as cutting openings for pipe while standing for extended periods of time and securing pipe in hard to reach areas
- Uses testing equipment effectively to check for system leaks and troubleshoot fitting errors
- Must have a Journeyperson Pipefitter certification or be registered in an apprenticeship
- Minimum 5+ years of experience on industrial construction or pipeline projects is required
- Must successfully complete pre-access drug and alcohol testing
- CSTS, First Aid, Confined Space
- Good attention to detail with the ability to problem solve
- Must be able to meet all safety requirements and applicable safety policies
- Must be willing to work a day/night rotation
- Experienced applicants that reside in Leroy, SK or surrounding areas will be given preference due to the location of this project
- 14 days on / 7 days off rotational days/nights shift, 12-hour work days paid 11.5
- Camp based accommodation provided for non-local candidates
- Travel allowance provided from approved locations
- Work will be primarily outdoors in various weather conditions
- Benefits provided by CLAC
Ledcor Pipeline offers a unique set of pipeline services unmatched anywhere in the oil and gas industry. From pipeline construction to investigative digs and subcontractor management, we are accustomed to operating in challenging terrain, and we maintain some of the largest pipeline networks in the world.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Adjustments will be provided in all parts of our hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance by submitting a request via email. For more information about Ledcor’s Inclusion and Diversity initiatives, please visit our I&D page.