Journeyperson Gasfitter – Class A
City : Fort McMurray, AB
Category : Full time Gas Fitter
Industry : Construction
Employer : Ledcor Group
Job Summary:You are Journeyperson Gasfitter with experience to support us on industrial oil & gas projects. You will be an integral part of the Ledcor team working on the CBR Cogen project. This is a large scale construction project that includes replacement of three coke fired boilers with two 400 MegaWatt cogen units. The project is conveniently located right outside of Fort McMurray at Suncor Base Plant.
Apply now and join the Ledcor team in Fort McMurray!
- Read and interpret drawings and follow code specifications and safety procedures
- Working on natural gas pipes - Measure, cut, thread and assemble pipe using tools such as pipe cutters, pipe threading machines and pipe vices
- Install, test and replace defective equipment or components
- Inspect, test and troubleshoot
- Have a Journeyperson Gasfitter - Class A certification from a recognized provincial training authority
- Experience with working on a construction project in an industrial setting
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Experience with commissioning preferred
- Must successfully complete pre-access drug and alcohol testing
- Successful candidates will require CSTS 2020, CSO or BSO
- Project is located in the Fort McMurray AB
- 14 days on /7 days off schedule, working 10 hours per day
- Site based camp provided
- Charter flights from either Edmonton or Calgary
- Flights booked from your local airport to the chartered locations
- Plus an additional allowance for all employees
- Driving to Fort McMurray is an option as there is camp parking available
- Extended Health & Wellness benefits provided by CLAC
Ledcor Industrial offers an integrated range of services from construction, engineering, and maintenance to pipe fabrication and module assembly. We offer turnkey solutions to our oil and gas clients and have built some of the continent’s largest oil and gas projects.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Adjustments will be provided in all parts of our hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance by submitting a request via email. For more information about Ledcor’s Inclusion and Diversity initiatives, please visit our I&D page.