Journeyperson Crane Operator
City : Fort McMurray, AB
Category : Full time Crane Operation
Industry : Construction
Employer : Ledcor Group
Job Summary:You are a red seal certified Crane Operator with experience to support us on industrial oil & gas projects. You will be an integral part of the Ledcor team working on the CBR Cogen project. This is a long term construction project that includes replacement of three coke fired boilers with two 400 MegaWatt cogen units. The project is conveniently located right outside of Fort McMurray at Suncor Baseplant.
Apply now and join the Ledcor team in Fort McMurray!
- Must be able to operate 80T, 100T and 160T rough terrain and / or
- Must be able to operate 150T and 250T crawler
- Conduct pre-trip/walk-around safety inspections, completes Hazard Assessments, and logs and reports any maintenance concerns with equipment
- Must have the ability to communicate well and work as part of a team
- Fill out and understand an equipment logbook
- Ensures the safety of the crew, equipment, and environment
- Ensures that work is completed during regular hours
- Willingness to learn and be adaptable
- Preferred 5 years+ experience
- Experience with working on a construction project in an industrial setting
- Must possess a red seal certification with a recognized provincial training authority
- Must successfully complete pre-access drug and alcohol testing
- Ledcor requires possession of OSSA Regional with CSTS/BSO or CSO
- Project is located in the Fort McMurray AB
- Project commenced in July 2021; this is a role with long term potential
- 14 days on / 7 days off schedule, working 10 hours per day
- Nightshift crew
- Site based camp provided
- Charter flights from either Edmonton or Calgary
- Flights booked from your local airport to the chartered locations
- Plus an additional allowance for all employees
- Driving to Fort McMurray is an option as there is camp parking available
- Benefits provided by CLAC
Ledcor Industrial offers an integrated range of services from construction, engineering, and maintenance to pipe fabrication and module assembly. We offer turnkey solutions to our oil and gas clients and have built some of the continent’s largest oil and gas projects.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Adjustments will be provided in all parts of our hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance by submitting a request via email. For more information about Ledcor’s Inclusion and Diversity initiatives, please visit our I&D page.