Journeyperson Concrete Finisher
City : Vancouver - Area General; Kitimat, BC; Edmonton - Area General; Calgary, AB; Kelowna, BC
Category : Full time Concrete Finishing
Industry : Construction
Employer : Ledcor Group
Job Summary:We are seeking experienced Journeyperson Concrete Finishers for an LNG construction project in Kitimat. You will be an integral part of the Ledcor team who prides themselves on safety. The successful candidate will be responsible for operating in accordance with quality, safety and efficiency standards.
Apply now and join the Ledcor team in Kitimat!
- Responsible for reading and interpreting drawings, and meeting project specifications
- Understand industrial concrete forming and engineered forming systems
- Direct placement of concrete into forms or surfaces
- Complete smooth, wet and dry finishing using hand, broom and power tools
- Operate a vibrating concrete machine and screed concrete
- Dismantle concrete forms, ramps, and barricades
- Working with and alongside the formwork Carpenters to get the job done
- Have a Journeyperson certification from a recognized provincial training authority
- Non-ticketed Journeypersons must have 4+ years relevant experience to the industrial trade and provide proof of hours
- Must have demonstrated ability to work under minimal supervision
- Must successfully complete pre-access drug and alcohol testing
- Must have a valid Driver's License and clear 3-year driver's abstract
- CSTS-09/CSTS-2020 and WHMIS 2015 is required
- Experienced applicants that reside in Kitimat, BC or surrounding areas will be given preference due to the location of this project
- 14 days on / 7 days off rotational shift, 10-12 hour work days
- Camp based accommodation provided for non-local candidates
- Travel allowance / flights provided from approved locations
- Benefits provided by CLAC
Ledcor builds and maintains infrastructure in various industries including oil and gas, transportation, and mining. We’re experts in public and private infrastructure construction and maintenance. Our vast projects include: full-scale contract mining, earthworks, foundations, national highways, bridges, roads, waterways, dams, airports, underground utilities, independent power projects and site reclamation.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Adjustments will be provided in all parts of our hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance by submitting a request via email. For more information about Ledcor’s Inclusion and Diversity initiatives, please visit our I&D page.