Requisition ID: 49252
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
Purpose of Job:
The incumbent is a member of the Logan application development team responsible for the technology platform enabling efficient data governance and analysis within GWRT Data Management.
The primary function of the Programmer Analyst will be to maintain and enhance the application using Java, Asset Control vendor product APIs and scripting languages. The Programmer Analyst will also support the operational team and release process, as well as various ongoing development tasks
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Work closely with the development team responsible for building out the technology solution for the enterprise Regulatory Capital System.
- Provide business support to Global Risk Management, including new and existing products, ad hoc queries and user training. The incumbent is responsible for ensuring that management is kept informed and that problems and issues are escalated appropriately.
- Resolve complex, multi-faceted problems to meet the business needs of Global Risk Management, by applying their financial and technological knowledge to the design of methodologies, models, and/or systems solutions. This may involve rapid prototyping, with requirements and solutions developed on an iterative basis that provides interim deliverables until a final production solution is created. This includes conducting research and analysis, accurately and clearly defining user requirements and processes, and liaising with the users.
- Participate in the systems implementation process by defining business requirements and processes, assisting with developing test strategies and test cases, performing testing, defining user procedures and workflows, developing conversion and implementation strategies, providing user documentation, providing user training, and providing post-implementation support.
- 3+ years of experience in information technology
- Strong hands on Java, Python, UNIX/Linux shell and SQL skills
- Knowledge of requirements / design methodology - detail oriented, analytical and capable of investigating complex / technical issues and provide alternative solutions, project methodologies including SDLC
- Excellent team player by working with cross-departmental business & IT stakeholders
- Highly motivated and committed, capable of working in a dynamic environment with aggressive timelines, multiple work streams running in parallel
- Bachelor (equivalent or higher) degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline.
- Experience with RiskWatch, Asset Control and Formula Engine nice to have
- Experience/Knowledge in market data and risk nice to have
- Knowledge of GIT, Airflow and Tidal a plus
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a leader when it comes to inclusion. We are a diverse and global team, speaking more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible.