Janitorial – Mt-Milligan (McLeod Lake) (78900001)
City : Prince Rupert
Category : Full-time Customer Service
Industry : Facilities Services
Employer : Sodexo
Accountable to the Supervisor/Manager for maintaining the cleanliness and tidiness of camp, office buildings, mill, crusher, and the Sodexo, warehouse, truck shop, assay lab and various outbuildings around site
To promote the philosophy of privacy, dignity, independence, and fulfilment for all clients, treating everyone with respect and encouraging participation in all tasks.
- Maintains premises in a clean and orderly manner
- Cleans light fixtures, ceilings and vents, walls, furniture, windows and window frames, floors and carpets
- Cleans by dusting, mopping, vacuuming, and sweeping
- Replenishes supplies
- Moves furniture Delivers requisition orders to client
- Where an item or piece of equipment requires repair, this is reported to maintenance
- Ensuring the manager is aware of the ordering needs for his/her department
- Wears the appropriate PPE as per Sodexo regulations
- Maintaining a friendly contact with clients and respecting their right to choice, dignity, privacy and confidentiality at all times
- Perform custodial duties to ensure all are maintained in a healthy, safe, and sanitary manner
- Driving from different locations on the site
- Complete cleaning duty checklists as requested
- Maintain job related equipment, materials, and supplies in a safe manner to ensure the safety of staff and the public
- Ensuring proper reporting, documentation, and clear lines of communication with supervisors
- Adhere to relevant company procedures and policies
- Ensuring the managers are aware of the ordering needs for his/her department
- Adds detergent and cleaning agents to the washer, in accordance with the SIMDUT.
- Participation in staff meetings
- Participation in training activities
What You’ll Need to Succeed
- One year of experience preferred
- Related custodian / janitorial experience is preferred
- Knowledge of cleaning procedures, chemicals, products, and equipment
- Ability to use tools and equipment and to perform the physical aspect of the job
- Knowledge and understanding of safe work practices including WHMIS, SIMDUT
- Ability to work flexible hours, including split shifts and weekend coverage
- Proven commitment to safety, health, and environmental standards
- Able to take direction, follow instructions and adapt to changing priorities and multi-tasking
- Strong work ethic with an ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- A team player that works respectfully and cooperatively with others
- Ability to work under supervision and follow standard procedures, and compliance with all health and safety standards
Typical Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Professional appearance and a cooperative approach
- Ability to communicate well with others
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure
- Must have problem solving abilities, be self-motivated and organized
- Able to maintain a clean and safe work area
· Specific physical characteristics and abilities are required to perform the work, such as agility, dexterity and long period of walking, standing, bending carrying or lifting supplies and equipment weighing 50 pounds or more
Conditions of Employment:
I understand that as a condition of my employment and by applying to this role, I may be required to comply with background checks including criminal records, fitness, drugs & alcohols checks.
Assesment where required
• Valid WHMIS Certification preferred
• Valid Class 5 driver’s license preferred; not required for all positions
Sodexo is committed to Employment Equity and Diversity. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of national origin, race, religion, ethnic group, age, disability, gender, sexual preference, sexual or gender identity, status as a veteran or any other federal, provincial, or local protected class.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodation is available on request from candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Thank you for your interest in Sodexo.
Please note that only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Follow us on social media to see first-hand what we are all about!