Janitorial Interior – Minto Exploration -Whitehorse, Yukon – (82728001)
City : Whitehorse
Category : Full-time Customer Service
Industry : Consumer Services
Employer : Sodexo
As a member of our Accommodations team, you will always provide the highest quality of customer service, while working for Sodexo. The general janitor may work in any location on client premises. This individual cleans and keeps in an orderly condition the facilities at Minto Exploration. The general responsibilities of the position include those listed below, but Sodexo may identify other responsibilities of the position.
To promote the philosophy of privacy, dignity, independence, and fulfilment for all clients, treating everyone with respect and encouraging participation in all tasks.
- Maintains premises in a clean and orderly manner
- Cleans light fixtures, ceilings and vents, walls, furniture, windows and window frames, floors and carpets
- Cleans by dusting, mopping, vacuuming, and sweeping
- Replenishes supplies
- Moves furniture Delivers requisition orders to client
- Where an item or piece of equipment requires repair, this is reported to maintenance
- Ensuring the manager is aware of the ordering needs for his/her department
- Wears the appropriate PPE as per TNDC regulations
- Maintaining a friendly contact with clients and respecting their right to choose, dignity, privacy and confidentiality at all times
- Perform custodial duties to ensure all are maintained in a healthy, safe, and sanitary manner
- Driving from different locations on the site
- Complete cleaning duty checklists as requested
- Maintain job related equipment, materials, and supplies in a safe manner to ensure the safety of staff and the public
- Ensuring proper reporting, documentation, and clear lines of communication with supervisors
- Adhere to relevant company procedures and policies
- Ensuring the managers are aware of the ordering needs for his/her department
- Adds detergent and cleaning agents to the washer, in accordance with the SIMDUT.
- Participation in staff meetings
- Participation in training activities
What You’ll Need to Succeed
- Formal education is not required; however, preference will be given to applicants with a high school diploma or GED
· Must have experience as a Camp Attendant, Janitor, in a remote camp setting
· High School Diploma an asset but not required
· 1 - 2 years of related work experience
- One year of experience preferred
- Related custodian / janitorial experience is preferred
- Knowledge of cleaning procedures, chemicals, products, and equipment
- Ability to use tools and equipment and to perform the physical aspect of the job
- Knowledge and understanding of safe work practices including WHMIS, SIMDUT
- Ability to work flexible hours, including split shifts and weekend coverage
- Proven commitment to safety, health, and environmental standards
- Able to take direction, follow instructions and adapt to changing priorities and multi-tasking
- Strong work ethic with an ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- A team player that works respectfully and cooperatively with others
- Ability to work under supervision and follow standard procedures, and compliance with all health and safety standards
Typical Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Professional appearance and a cooperative approach
- Ability to communicate well with others
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure
- Must have problem solving abilities, be self-motivated and organized
- Able to maintain a clean and safe work area
Sodexo is committed to Employment Equity and Diversity. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of national origin, race, religion, ethnicity, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other federal, provincial, or local protected class.
We welcome and encourage applications from persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates who participate in all aspects of the selection process.
Thank you for your interest in Sodexo.
Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted.
Follow us on social media to see first-hand what we are all about!
LinkedIn: Sodexo Canada Careers
Facebook: Sodexo CA Jobs