JACK 92.9 Content Director
City : Halifax, NS, CA
Category : Programming
Industry : Telecommunications
Employer : Rogers
Come play a key role in building the future of Sports & Media! Everyone wants to be part of a transformational team – and that’s exactly what we’re building at Rogers Sports & Media. A team that innovates and a team that wins.
At Rogers Sports & Media we are committed to creating and growing teams that are digital-first, fast-moving and bold-thinking and are focused on delivering impact with everything they do. Our impressive collection of assets includes media properties, sports teams, sports events & production, venues, e-commerce platforms and a close connection with our Connected Home and Wireless team. Collectively, we touch the lives of 30 million Canadians every month!
Not only is our business strong, but so is our culture. We genuinely care about each other and working in an environment that allows each of us to bring our best authentic selves to work. That starts with our firm commitment to a diverse, inclusive and safe workplace. We’re also dedicated to giving back by using our media megaphone to help Canadians who need it most. Our team is All IN on diversity and inclusion – find out more at www.allinforequity.ca.
Are you up for the challenge and the fun? If so, consider the following opportunity!
We are looking for a content leader with the ability to inspire people creatively and motivate those on your team, all while Playing What We Want and having a grand ole’ time doing it. You’ll be commercially minded constantly searching for workable solutions. You’ll also be comfortable representing the brand and our business in the community you serve. This role is based in Halifax and reports to the National Content Director – Adult Hits.
What you will be doing...
- Accountable for growing the audience & leading the development of JACK 92.9 across all platforms
- Co-create and lead the successful implementation of the content & editorial plan for the station
- This is a leadership role and requires an individual who wants to lead by example and model our values
- We believe in fostering a creative, collaborative, accountable, fair, and playful environment, this position will be responsible for nurturing that environment among our team in Halifax.
What you will bring...
- Develop and execute the programming & content plan for JACK 92.9
- Coaching, development and recruitment of on-air talent and content creators.
- Host, prep and execute a Daily daytime show (please include a short demo)
- Lead the local content team to create and curate content across multiple platforms.
- Co-ordinate with Music, Imaging, News and Branded Content & Integrations departments to accomplish the sound of the station in accordance with the format.
- Partner with Branded Content, Revenue and Creative teams with respect to promotions, contests, marketing, and commercial integrations
- Work in conjunction with National Content Director, VP Music Brands, Content & Revenue teams in support of local, national & corporate business goals to increase market share & revenue.
- Manage programming & content budget.
- Ensure station complies with CRTC regulations.
- Maintain competitive market knowledge and awareness.
Here’s what you can expect in return:
- A competitive salary and benefits that include access to our Employee Share Accumulation Program, Retirement Benefits and a variety of other perks including 50% off Rogers services and Blue Jays tickets
- A manager who deeply cares about your development and long-term career at Rogers
- A team that trusts and wants to win together
- Smart and accomplished colleagues who are focused on both the “what” and the “how”
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 6080 Young St. 9th Floor (003), Halifax, NS
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Broadcasting & Programming
Requisition ID: 287143
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
Posting Notes: Rogers Sports & Media