IT Specialist, Microsoft Cloud Infrastructure and Servers
City : Mississauga
Category : Other
Industry : Food/Packaging
Employer : Maple Leaf Foods
The Opportunity:An IT Specialist in Technical Services team plays a critical role in building our Infrastructure & Cloud strategy. This includes managing and maintaining our integrated network across our head office and 50 sites, as well as our data centre and cloud infrastructure components. The ideal candidate must be an experienced team player, possess strong communication and collaboration skills, and can effectively manage a demanding workload in the execution of multiple concurrent projects deliverables. This position offers opportunity to work in a collaborative environment and enhance your career with exposure to Cloud, IoT, Automation, Virtualization, Microsoft Technologies, and Manufacturing plant systems.
Snapshot of a Day-in-the-Life:
- Provide Level 3 support for Microsoft Windows Servers and Azure Cloud.
- Provide Level 3 support for O365, Active Directory/Azure AD, Exchange (On-Prem/Online/Hybrid).
- Install, maintain, and manage on premise VMware, Windows Server 2016-2022 and RDS.
- Drives efficiency by developing advanced PowerShell scripts to automate tasks and gather information.
- Performance tuning of infrastructure & networks.
- Comply with security and data management procedures and policies and completes required security training and alerts others to security concerns and/or incidents.
- Develops an understanding of cross-functional processes to support partnerships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Contributes to a positive and effective team environment by sharing information with others, contributing to regular team meetings, asking questions, and staying apprised of the status of others' work.
- Has pride and a sense of accountability for the service quality, completeness, and resulting user experience; displays accountability and ownership of the data center facilities.
- Document technical issues, solutions and support information and develop Standard Operating Procedure (SOP
- Work with Architects and strategic vendors to define roadmaps for Microsoft and Datacenter technologies.
- Technical Project leadership as needed (Planning, Executing, stakeholder management and reporting)
- Provide technical summaries, RCAs and recommendations to the leadership team.
- Participate in monthly maintenance windows and on-call rotation to support critical issues.
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field AND 10+ years technical experience in Microsoft Systems engineering, Cloud Administration, Network engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Microsoft Industry or product specific Certifications
- 8+ years of Hands-on experience in Microsoft Windows Servers, Azure, O365, Active Directory/Azure AD, Exchange (On-Prem/O365/Hybrid) and RDS.
- 5+ years technical experience working with large-scale cloud and Enterprise environments.
- 5+ Years Hands on experience and deep knowledge of Microsoft PowerShell
- Verified Certifications: Microsoft and other Technology platforms: VMware, RHEL, Cisco…etc
- Advanced knowledge managing cloud technologies (such as Azure, AWS and Google)
- Solid experience with Microsoft Servers and knowledge of Server hardware.
- Solid knowledge of Networking fundamentals (DNS, DHCP, Routing, Load Balancing)
- Solid knowledge of Security fundamentals (eDiscovery, IAM, MFA and firewalls)
- Ability to participate in on-call rotational shifts, during non-standard business hours that may include evening, nighttime, weekends, and/or holidays.
- Exceptional writing and interpersonal skills, including documenting configuration and support information.
- Strong customer service focus and attention to detail
- Desire to take on big challenges and the ability to see the big picture as well as the details.
- Ability to react with appropriate urgency to situations and requests.
- Experience with Microsoft Security and compliance Platforms
- Experience with Microsoft Teams
- Experience with VMware NSX-T, Log Insights, IPS/IDS and ATP
- Experience with Linux RHEL
- Experience managing Microsoft workload for Manufacturing/CPG companies.
- Ability to lift and move standard office equipment (i.e. computers and peripherals).
- Ability to travel across North America and within the GTA based on project requirements.
- Ability to build effective cross-group working relationships and work collaboratively with people at all levels of the organization.
What We Offer at Maple Leaf Foods:
- Being part of a high-performance, people-focused company that has an inspiring and unique vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, and a deep commitment to sustainable protein across North America.
- An inclusive company culture and a work environment that keeps our people safe, rewards excellence, and empowers everyone to learn and contribute their best.
- A hybrid work model that embraces remote work for eligible roles, helping team members achieve work-life balance—combining the best of both spending time working remotely, benefitting from focus time, and purposeful collaboration in the office setting.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that offer flexibility to meet your individual or family needs, including programs focused on improving mental health and wellbeing. These benefits start on your first day of employment.
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan with company matching that starts on your first day of employment.
- Learning and development opportunities, including workshops, ‘speaker series’ events, and resources that allow you to develop your skills and progress your career.
- Comprehensive tuition reimbursement program that supports continuous learning and development of our team members through investment in eligible degrees, diplomas, professional certification, or trades programs.
- Supporting our deep commitment to community impact, we offer up to two paid days annually to volunteer at a cause of your choice.
About Us:We’re a carbon neutral food company on a purposeful journey to Raise the Good in Food through better nutrition, safer food and workplaces, more humane animal care, and environmental sustainability efforts that protect our planet. We care about our communities and commit to reducing food insecurity in Canada. Join us on the journey. Let’s build a better future, together.
We’re passionate about food. For more than 100 years, we’ve made delicious, healthy protein that Canadians love under iconic national and regional brands, like Maple Leaf®, Schneiders®, and Greenfield Natural Meat Co.® We’re on a journey to become the most sustainable protein company – not just in Canada – but on earth.
- We are carbon neutral.
- We are one of the only food companies in Canada to set science-based targets.
- We aim to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025.
A diverse and inclusive work environmentChampioning diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision and living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values. We believe in building, investing in, recognizing, and rewarding remarkable people who value an inclusive workplace, embrace all forms of diversity, and commit to including every voice in our collaborative environment. We’re so much stronger when we know we’re accepted and valued for who we are and what we each bring to the workplace.
We embrace a strong, values-based cultureOur eight Leadership Values are our north star. They guide the decisions we make for all our stakeholders: our consumers, our customers, our people, our communities, our shareholders, and the environment.
- Doing What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to ensuring the health and safety of all our employees. As part of this commitment, we have adopted a number of COVID-19 safety measures, including a requirement for all employees to be fully vaccinated by March 31, 2022 and to show proof of vaccination. In keeping with this policy, successful candidates will need to provide proof of vaccination by March 31, 2022 (or prior to their first day of work if the start date is after March 31, 2022). We will of course consider accommodations for anyone unable to be vaccinated following human rights and other applicable laws
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Championing diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision, living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values, and delivering winning results. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired; please contact our Talent Attraction Team at email@example.com.