IT Specialist, Microsoft 365 Services
City : Mississauga - Financial Dr.
Category : Other
Industry : Food/Packaging
Employer : Maple Leaf Foods
The Opportunity:Elevate the work experience for our team members by applying your expertise in the Microsoft technology stack to develop new ways of working that enhance focus and productivity.
As a lead administrator for Microsoft apps and services you’ll collaborate in setting governance plans, be hands on through execution and engage users for ongoing adoption. Research new concepts to solve for pain points and enable business outcomes.
The Specialist, Microsoft 365 Services role is a full-time opportunity reporting to the Manager, User Experience of the Information Solutions (IS) Digital Innovation team. The role offers a flexible hybrid working arrangement and requires regular weekly office time at the Meadowvale campus in Mississauga, ON.
Snapshot of a Day-in-the-Life:
- Assist in updating the strategy and roadmap for Microsoft governance, monitor for drift, and align environments with plans.
- Handle configuration and administrative duties for Microsoft 365 solutions (i.e., Microsoft 365, Entra, Power Platform, Purview, SharePoint, Teams,) and AvePoint Cloud Governance.
- Design modern collaboration experiences in Teams and/or SharePoint that meet the work group’s needs.
- Develop the maturity of Citizen Development Framework, Enterprise Information Management (EIM), and Cybersecurity practices.
- Pilot new apps or features, providing customer feedback through the Microsoft Technology Adoption Program (TAP).
- Explore requirements and coach end users on best practices for using Microsoft’s productivity and collaboration tools or custom solutions.
- Draft and deliver assessment and proposal decks, along with technical and user reference documentation.
- Oversee System Integration Testing (SIT) and User Acceptance Testing (UAT) to ensure quality delivery of solutions.
- Resolve support and incident cases assigned to the team queue within prescribed service level agreements, managing vendor escalation cases and maintaining compliance with change and release management processes.
- Mentor junior team members and provide technical consultation as a subject matter expert (SME) with partner IT teams.
- Perform other duties as assigned, limited travel required.
What You’ll Bring:Well experienced with managing administration aspects of the Microsoft technology stack, with the knowledge and confidence to advise users on best practices in support of business goals.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills - articulate and confident to interact with users across the organization with ease, produces thorough documentation and supporting artifacts, simplifies complex technical explanations for the audience.
- High aptitude for empathy, can quickly understand the user’s business processes and pain points helping to connect with them with potential digital options.
- Functional experience with typical workloads of Microsoft 365 and Microsoft Azure Active Directory. Working knowledge of PowerShell and Power BI highly desirable.
- Either possess or be willing to acquire Microsoft certification(s), with prioritization being in Teams, Power Platform, Purview, Reporting, Automation and AI/ML/Digital Twins.
- Proficiency with Microsoft’s modern toolkit (SPFx, Themes, Site Designs, Teams Template, UI fabric, adaptive cards, Custom Teams Apps & Connectors) or other programming skills (PowerShell, Machine Learning, SharePoint Online cmdlets, Microsoft Teams cmdlets, SharePoint PnP cmdlets, Azure AD cmdlets) beneficial.
- Past experience in execution of on-premise file share migrations, familiarity with Microsoft’s SharePoint Migration Tool and/or ShareGate cloud management tool is an asset.
- Familiar with (hybrid) agile delivery methodology and use of related tools, e.g. Azure DevOps or GitHub to manage sprint planning and user stories.
- Post-secondary degree in computer technology, user experience or a related business field, or 7+ years relevant experience.
What We Offer at Maple Leaf Foods:
- Being part of a high-performance, people-focused company that has an inspiring and unique vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, and a deep commitment to sustainable protein across North America.
- An inclusive company culture and a work environment that keeps our people safe, rewards excellence, and empowers everyone to learn and contribute their best.
- A hybrid work model that embraces remote work for eligible roles, helping team members achieve work-life balance—combining the best of both spending time working remotely, benefitting from focus time, and purposeful collaboration in the office setting.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that offer flexibility to meet your individual or family needs, including programs focused on improving mental health and wellbeing. These benefits start on your first day of employment.
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan with company matching that starts on your first day of employment.
- Learning and development opportunities, including workshops, ‘speaker series’ events, and resources that allow you to develop your skills and progress your career.
- Comprehensive tuition reimbursement program that supports continuous learning and development of our team members through investment in eligible degrees, diplomas, professional certification, or trades programs.
- Supporting our deep commitment to community impact, we offer up to two paid days annually to volunteer at a cause of your choice.
About Us:We’re a carbon neutral food company on a purposeful journey to Raise the Good in Food through better nutrition, safer food and workplaces, more humane animal care, and environmental sustainability efforts that protect our planet. We care about our communities and commit to reducing food insecurity in Canada. Join us on the journey. Let’s build a better future, together.
We’re passionate about food. For more than 100 years, we’ve made delicious, healthy protein that Canadians love under iconic national and regional brands, like Maple Leaf®, Schneiders®, and Greenfield Natural Meat Co.® We’re on a journey to become the most sustainable protein company – not just in Canada – but on earth.
- We are carbon neutral.
- We are one of the only food companies in Canada to set science-based targets.
- We aim to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025.
A diverse and inclusive work environmentChampioning diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision and living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values. We believe in building, investing in, recognizing, and rewarding remarkable people who value an inclusive workplace, embrace all forms of diversity, and commit to including every voice in our collaborative environment. We’re so much stronger when we know we’re accepted and valued for who we are and what we each bring to the workplace.
We embrace a strong, values-based cultureOur eight Leadership Values are our north star. They guide the decisions we make for all our stakeholders: our consumers, our customers, our people, our communities, our shareholders, and the environment.
- Doing What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Championing diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision, living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values, and delivering winning results. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired; please contact our Talent Attraction Team at email@example.com.