LOCATION: Calgary, Alberta (CA-AB)
JOB NUMBER: 28819
Why you should join us:
Are you someone who is able to anticipate potential problems and check for out-of-the-ordinary conditions, with a strong sense of accountability? In this role, you will maintain overall responsibility for the governance and operation of our Information Technology (IT) resiliency program for critical enterprise applications and services. In this phenomenal opportunity working with our senior leaders in the Digital and Enterprise Technical (D&ET) group, you will provide forward-thinking, strategic direction and develop the executable roadmap to drive maturity aligned with the corporate business continuity program.
You will use your expertise to:
- Establish the operating model and governance methodology, ensuring that IT resiliency plans are comprehensive, documented, fully communicated and thoroughly tested
- Assume operational leadership and serve as the Suncor specialist to engage with our business partners both internally and externally
- Lead and direct support of all audits and assessment of the IT resiliency program
- Coordinate external vendors supporting Suncor’s disaster recovery program to ensure alignment with expectations and audit requirements
- Partner with enterprise business continuity management to ensure that business impact assessments are current, complete, and accurate
- Work with our partners both in the business and in IT (infrastructure and application) areas to develop and execute test plans, gather results, and drive any necessary remediation
- Partner with internal organizations to ensure key process or functional integrations with IT service continuity planning are designed, detailed, and tested
- Negotiate and manage contracts with providers of third-party disaster recovery services
We’d like to review your application if you have…
Must-haves (minimum requirements):
- Ten years of experience leading IT resiliency programs for large enterprises, preferably in the oil and gas sector, with at least eight years working with senior management and business continuity teams
- Working knowledge of cloud computing concepts (i.e. IaaS, PaaS) as it pertains to high availability and disaster recovery principles and strategies
- Collaboration skills which enable you to build strong, positive relationships with diverse groups across all levels of leadership
- A critical thinking attitude; you can build, update and monitor our processes and procedures in order to make improvements
- A Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or a related field
- Alignment with our values of: safety above all else, respect, raise the bar, commitments matter and do the right thing
- Demonstrated experience with relevant IT domains pertaining to high availability and disaster recovery (e.g. network redundancy, clustering, data replication)
- A Certified Business Continuity Professional (CBCP) through DRI International, or a certification through the Business Continuity Institute (BCI)
Where you’ll be working, your work schedule, and other meaningful information:
- You will work out of our Calgary head office, located in the Suncor Energy Centre at 150 – 6th Ave S.W.
- Hours of work are a regular 40-hour work week, Monday to Friday, and you may be required to work additional hours based on business requirements
We are Canada's leading integrated energy company with a business portfolio that includes oil sands development and upgrading, offshore oil and gas production, petroleum refining, and product marketing under the Petro-Canada brand. Our global presence offers rewarding opportunities for you to learn, contribute, and grow in a variety of career-building positions. We live by the value of safety above all else – do it safely, or don’t do it. Our strong track record of growth and a focus on sustainability mean tremendous potential for the future. Learn about our mission, vision and values.
In addition to rewarding job opportunities, we offer an attractive employee package, including:
- Competitive base salary, compensation programs, and an annual incentive program
- Flexible benefits package
- Rewarding pension and savings plans
Stay connected to us:
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment where every employee feels valued and respected. We will consider accessibility accommodations to applicants upon request. Check out our social goal to learn how we are working to build greater mutual trust and respect with the Indigenous Peoples in Canada.
Please note that our job postings are typically open for two weeks, so don't delay, apply now.
JOB CATEGORY: Business Professionals