IT Senior Manager – Technology Change Management (Hybrid)
City : Scarborough, ON, CA, M1L4S2
Category : Technical Directors/Managers
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 176520
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Looking for a hybrid role? We have the job for you! Our employees in hybrid roles can alternate between work from home & onsite in the office with the details to be determined, based on business needs.
The Global Technology and Enterprise Platforms (GTEP) - Service Support’s Enterprise Change Management team is mandated to ensure that Information Technology changes are effectively planned, tested, scheduled, implemented, and verified to reduce the risk of incidents and provide service delivery stability with appropriate risk mitigation controls in place.
You are a part of a team that ensures the Enterprise Change Management policies and processes are adhered to for all IT change records. This will include alignment with the organizational Enterprise Delivery Framework by interlocking closely with the many technology users to provide effective change governance in a time sensitive fast paced environment requiring proactive thought leadership diligence to prioritize and complete tasks effectively and independently.
At the start of your tenure in this role, there are no direct report(s) to manage. That could change in the future should the team expand.
Is this role right for you?
- You will apply a structured methodology and lead technology change management activities within your change portfolio.
- You support the design, development, delivery, and management of communications.
- You will assess change impact; plus, conduct impact analyses, assess change readiness, and identify key stakeholders.
- You will provide input, document requirements, and support the design and delivery of training programs.
- You get to define and measure success metrics and monitor change progress.
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- You possess excellent (verbal/written) skills to connect with both technical and/or business functional stakeholders. The same in Spanish would be an asset.
- You have at least 5+ years of technical working experience in providing technology change management for systems & networks in a large, enterprise service delivery Operations environment.
- You have at least 1+ years of technical working experience in the use of the ServiceNow change management/problem management/incident management module(s).
- You also have at least 1+ years of technical working experience in the use of CMDB (ServiceNow’s Configuration Management Database).
- You possess excellent knowledge on the use of MS Excel to create/maintain pivot tables & macros; plus, use it to perform data analysis.
- The ability to utilize a visual dashboard, like PowerBI, is a strong asset.
- You possess the abilities to independently manage multiple assignments, understand priorities and meet strict deadlines proactively. You can also demonstrate excellent customer service skills.
- You have strong technical working knowledge in each of the following: Network Storage/Networking Fundamentals, Computer Architectures, Cloud-based Technologies (Private/Public/Hybrid) & Mid-Range/Mainframe Technologies.
- You have completed a post-secondary education.
- Completion of an ITIL Foundation certification (version 4) is an asset.
What's in it for you?
- We hire you for your talent - not just a job - so you can grow with us. We’ll equip you for success not only in your role, but also in your career as a whole
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world.
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success! We also foster an environment of innovation and continuous learning.
- We offer a competitive total rewards package, including a performance bonus, company matching programs (pension & Employee Share Ownership), generous vacation; health/medical/wellness benefits; employee banking privileges.
- As a part of the hybrid work model, when required to be onsite, our Scarborough worksite is:
- Renovated with a design focus on enabling collaboration through both environment and technology.
- Furnished with an onsite cafeteria that serves hot foods, salads, sandwiches & snacks.
- Equipped for breaks with table tennis, table soccer, pool table & TV’s. Our lounges have fridges, microwaves, complimentary hot beverage stations & water dispensers.
- Minutes by TTC bus from Warden subway station on Line 2 or from Kennedy subway station on Lines 2/3. Scheduled 2023 opening of the Eglinton Crosstown Light Rail Transit with the Birchmount stop that’s steps away.
- Minutes from the 401 & DVP. Free onsite & offsite employee parking with charging stations for electric vehicles onsite.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Scarborough
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.