IT Security Services Specialist – Network & Perimeter Security
City : Vancouver
Category : Other
Industry : Technology/Computer Services
Employer : IBM
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As an IT Security Services Specialist you will apply your cyber security knowledge and skills to defend our clients from increasingly complex and persistent cyber threats, using our advanced and industry leading security tools and products and following robust security operations processes and procedures.
Working with a team of security professionals from our SOC at Markham, you will be involved in deployment and integration activities, device management, policy management, event analysis and triage, service-level reporting and other security services related tasks.
Your Role and Responsibilities:
- Perform steady state management of various network security infrastructure and solutions such as NGFW, UTM, WAF, IDS/IPS, DDoS protection, NAC, etc.
- Review and analyze client requests, translate them into policies and rules and deploy to managed appliances/systems, following all processes and procedures, minimizing chances of failures and outages to client environments.
- Regularly review product announcements, advisories and create remediation plans and implement to mitigate associated risks.
- Lead and participate in troubleshooting sessions to find root cause of issues and provide quick workarounds and timely resolutions within client SLAs.
- Perform all activities adhering to IBM and Client policies, processes and guidelines and contribute towards continuous improvements to the services.
- Participate in on-call rotations and perform change and incident management outside of normal shift hours, as required.
- Contribute towards team documentation efforts by creating and maintaining effective operational and technical documentation.
- Work effectively as a team player and proactively identify and escalate to management any risks and opportunities in the managed services.
- Effectively interface with client and IBM governance teams, handle escalations related to the team’s services, and ensure high level of customer satisfaction.
**work location is flexible**
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Min 2-3 years experience in a Security Operations role
- Canadian federal government security clearance Level 2 - Secret (e.g. lived in Canada for 10 consecutive years)
- Experience working with NGFW products, from major vendors like Fortinet, PalAlto, Cisco, Juniper; preferably with multiple medium to large scale implementation and ongoing support.
- Experience managing web application security issues and solutions, implementing WAF solutions preferably from major vendors such as Fortinet, Imperva, F5, Akamai, Cloudflare.
- Broad knowledge and experience with other security solutions in network/perimeter security, endpoint security, data and content security, encryption and identity and access management.
- Handling security Incidents, Changes and Service Requests using IT service management tools and methodologies (ITIL).
- Solid understanding of other IT infrastructure areas such as networking, servers, etc.; and how it relates to security solutions.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
Must have the ability to work in Canada without sponsorship.
About Business UnitIBM is a leading provider of enterprise security solutions. Named by industry analysts as a leader in 12 security market segment categories, IBM Security is a multi-billion dollar business that is rapidly growing. In an industry focused on building walls, IBM Security is focused on creating an open, connected security ecosystem that leverages AI and cloud to help clients improve compliance, stop threats, and grow their business securely.
Your Life @ IBMAre you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world's most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it's time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It's time to define your career.
About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business. At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
Location StatementThis role will involve working with technology that is covered by Export Regulations sanctions. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following US sanctioned countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Syria, and the Crimea, Luhansk and Donetsk regions of Ukraine) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.