IT Risk & Control Senior Analyst
City : TORONTO, Ontario, Canada
Category : Audit | Compliance | Legal | Risk
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
What is the Job?
The IT Risk & Control Senior Analyst will perform risk-based testing activities that independently evaluate the design and effectiveness of controls and further assist with the enhancement and execution of the first line of defense Internal Control Testing and Monitoring for Architecture, Infrastructure & IT Operations (AI&O) for City National Bank, a RBC US subsidiary. This role will primarily support the identification and mitigation of regulatory risk and operational issues and will also assist in the maintenance of operational and key control procedures.
What will you do?
Executing control testing that evaluate the design and operating effectiveness of CNB's first line key controls; Analyzing, aggregating, and articulating the results/issues/recommendations related to control testing activities; Maintaining a thorough understanding of CNB's Internal Controls Management Policy, control testing methodologies, and related regulatory and compliance standards. The IT Risk & Control Senior Analyst is also responsible for performing control testing for all of CNB's first line key controls. This is a key strategic and integral role for the overall success of Infrastructure Compliance within AI&O. This dynamic position provides opportunities for working across CNB, including across AI&O, 2LOD and internal audit.
The IT Risk & Control Senior Analyst keeps abreast of external cyber security trends, regulatory changes, technologies and cyber risk management approaches, control hygiene of the environment, and often works with other teams on cyber risk-related initiatives to provide subject-matter recommendations and guidance to achieve a risk posture within the bank's overall risk appetite.
- Perform and assess complex internal control monitoring and testing for Architecture, Infrastructure & IT Operations (AI&O) department across service domains (hosting, middle tier, end user, cloud, service management)
- Responsible for executing Control Assessments (i.e. Testing) that evaluate the design and operating effectiveness of AI&O’s first line Key Controls; May act as designated lead tester/reviewer of control testing engagements.
- Act as a liaison with 2LOD, prepare documents, analyze, aggregate, and articulate results/issues/recommendations related to monitoring activities and regulatory exams.
- Maintain current knowledge of legislative developments, State and Federal laws and regulations as well as regulatory guidance and industry best practices.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of CNB's Internal Controls Management Policy and Standards, control testing methodologies, and related regulatory and compliance standards,
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What do you need to succeed?
- Minimum of 12 years’ experience in Information/Cyber Security field.
- Minimum of 6 years' experience in IT risk management, IT Operations and Technology domain.
- Minimum 6 years of experience in controls testing, internal audit, quality control roles, or other complimentary capacities, preferably within the financial services industry, a public accounting firm, or with a financial institutions regulator.
- Masters' degree in business, computer science or related field.
- Preferred Certifications: CRISC - Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control, and / or CISSP - Certified Information Systems Security Professional.
- Experience with Common Controls Hub / Unified Compliance Framework.
- Knowledge of FINRA, SEC, MSRB, FRBNY and OCC rules and regulations.
- Strong knowledge of rules, regulations and compliance requirements for the financial services industry concerning hybrid cloud and multiple technology domains specific to the areas of oversight.
RBC is committed to supporting flexible work arrangements when and where available. Details to be discussed with Hiring Manager.
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
Opportunity to develop industry-leading solutions that target cyber security concerns within a mature organization
A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
A world-class training program in financial services
Flexible work/life balance options
Opportunities to do challenging work
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.