IT Performance Engineer, Quality Engineering
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M2H0A1
Category : Quality Assurance Programmers
Industry : Financial Services/Banking
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 186966
Tangerine is Canada’s leading direct bank. We offer flexible and accessible banking options, innovative products, and award-winning Client service. The reason why Tangerine employees come to work each day is to help Canadians live better lives. We focus on making a difference in our communities, and that includes our own internal community. It’s important to us that our employees feel empowered and enthusiastic about belonging to our Orange culture.
The Performance Engineer provides support to the Performance Engineering Lead and/or Manager - QE, and is responsible for the execution and coordination of Performance Engineering activities within the Tangerine banking domain. Responsibilities include directly supporting Performance Engineering activities to ensure consistent testing strategy; design, execution, defect management and reporting are executed to a high standard in line with internal policies and procedures. The Performance Engineer will report directly to Manager or Senior Manager, Quality Engineering.
• Directly support and execute day-to-day performance testing activities within test region and production, working with delivery teams and other areas of IT (enterprise architects, solutions architects, development) to validate performance testing and non-functional requirements
• Utilize a variety of testing techniques which support the performance and non-functional testing activities, single user profiling, spike, stress, endurance, fail over etc
• Act as key point of contact for delivery teams, and QE as a whole, across all channels supporting the creation of test scope, execution and resolution of performance issues prior to production deployment.
• Analyzes, recommend and implement engineering suggestions to improve efficiencies and increase responsiveness of client project requirements, ensure technology is current and up to date with industry standards while maintaining established service levels
• Provide coaching and mentoring to other members of the QE and delivery teams in areas including non-functional requirements, performance testing strategy, and business domain where applicable.
• Manage and execute performance testing activities for multiple projects of varying scale; single delivery team to enterprise wide programs/projects for Tangerine that are executed in Waterfall or Agile methodology
• Ensure all test assets, execution results/analysis, sign off and closure reports are captured within JIRA
• Assess the risks associated with the development aspects of each solution/project and define a performance testing approach, making solution recommendations to development, architecture, and infrastructure where possible.
• Support continuous performance testing within CICD pipelines and support /maintain performance tests, monitoring and metrics gathering to ensure system stability and trending analysis
• Collect strategic, technical and operational test metrics across testing and production environments. Analyze current defects and test execution trends and extrapolate data for predictive analysis
• Responsible for consolidated test reports outlining key metrics and performance KPI’s for Senior Management.
• Work under the guidance of the Performance Engineering Lead and Manager/Sr. Manager and be a participant in discussion with vendors related to testing methodologies, tooling, resources, POCs, etc.
• Other duties as assigned
o University or College Degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science/Engineering
o 4+ years of experience working within SDLC/TDLC
o 3+ years of testing experience specifically within the Performance testing discipline
o Proficient testing background in the Canadian financial services industry or large scale enterprise systems
• General/Technical Skills
o Solid understanding of Performance test process methodologies, approaches and tools
o Ability to understand enterprise scale infrastructures and emerging technologies
o Must have knowledge of Cloud architecture and working within a hybrid environment, i.e. GCP, Azure etc
o Experience working with Cloud based applications and techniques to validate auto scaling, component breakers, and elastic based deployments
o Working Knowledge of container technology such as Docker, Anthos and Kubernetes
o Hands on experience in client/server side testing with a solid understanding of web and mobile applications and implementations (Native app, Angular, React etc)
o Hands on experience with Unix/Linux experience
o Must have strong knowledge of web services and implementing APIs (Rest/Soap)
o Sound knowledge about SQL / PL-SQL, stored procedures and SQL Server database
o Solid understanding of hardware utilization and related Garbage Collection and memory footprints
o Expertise in metrics gathering and creating graphs / reports which clearly and concisely capture and communicate performance testing analysis / results
o Demonstrated competency with Defect / Test Management and Planning Tools such as JIRA - Xray
o Extensive experience with Performance testing and automation tools such as Jmeter, Loadrunner, Cloudtest, Selenium, Appium, Postman, RESTassured or similar
o Hands on experience with Performance engineering and monitoring tools such as SumoLogic, Dynatrace, Crashlytics etc
• Professional Certification
o CTFL, ISTQB, CSQA,CSTE good to have
o Dynatrace Associate, AWS/GCP certification nice to have
o Ability to work independently as well as part of the larger team
o Ability to lead through influence in a face-paced environment and hold others accountable
o Ability to work and collaborate with stakeholders from different departments and organizational levels.
o Self-starter, shows initiative, able to work with minimal supervision
o Confident in being able to extrapolate trends and make engineering recommendations from reports and test results
o Excellent organizational, communication, technical and analytical skills
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
At Tangerine we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the team, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know.