IT Network Developer – Co-op/Intern
City : Ottawa, Ontario
Category : Fixed Term
Industry : Corporate Services
Employer : Nokia
IT Network Developer - Co-op/Intern
Come create the technology that helps the world act together
We are a B2B technology innovation leader pioneering the future where networks meet cloud.
At Nokia you will have a positive impact on people's lives and help build the capabilities needed for a more productive, sustainable, and accessible world.
Be part of a culture built on an inclusive way of working where we are open to your ideas, you are empowered to take risks and are encouraged to be fearless in bringing your authentic self to work.
Strategies and Technology
Strategy and Technology lays the path for Nokia's future technology innovation and identifies the most promising areas for Nokia to create new value. We set the company's strategy and technology vision, offer an unparalleled research foundation for innovation, and provide critical support infrastructure for Nokia.
The team you will be a part of
As Nokia's growth engine, we create value for communication service providers and enterprise customers by leading the transition to cloud-native software and as-a-service delivery models. Our inclusive team of dreamers, doers and disruptors push the limits from impossible to possible.
What you will learn and contribute to
As part of IT Network team, you will:
- Develop automated dashboards on Power BI and self-service reporting tools related to our network and process;
- Automate business processes by building tools, data forms and using Power Automate;
- Develop applications using Power Apps, Sharepoint List or MySQL;
- Automate Network Configuration and/or appliances using Python scripts, Terraform and/or Nokia NSP Platform (Workflow Manager, Intent-Based);
- Automate Network data collection using REST API or SNMP/MIBs;
- Test application workflows and log issues on GitLab;
- Work in Public Cloud environments such as Google Cloud Platform, AWS, Azure.
Position: IT Network Developer Co-op/Intern
Duration: 4 Months
Date: January 8, 2024 to April 26, 2024
Location: Flexible (Hybrid in Ottawa, Canada or Virtual in Canada)
Your skills and experience
Currently a candidate for bachelor's degree or diploma in Computer Science, Computer Systems Engineering or related field with an accredited school in Canada.
You have :
- Basic knowledge or understanding of IP Network (LAN, WAN, WLAN, Firewall);
- Experience working with PowerBI, PowerAutomate, PowerApps and SharePoint Online/Designer website development;
It would be nice if you also had:
- Knowledge of C# .NET / REST / MVC / CDN/ JSON;
- Solid knowledge of MS Suite PowerBI, PowerAutomate, PowerApps and SharePoint;
- Knowledge of Nokia IP equipments, especially Access and Aggregation, Edge and Core routers and Network Services Platform;
- Knowledge of public cloud environments such as Google Cloud Platform, AWS, Azure, including Terraform (declarative configuration language);
- Knowledge of Telecommunication, Cloud Computing and Artificial Intelligence;
What we offer
Nokia offers flexible and hybrid working schemes, continuous learning opportunities, well-being programs to support you mentally and physically, opportunities to join and get supported by employee resource groups, mentoring programs and highly diverse teams with an inclusive culture where people thrive and are empowered.
- Company Culture: We believe our people are our greatest asset, and we aim to foster a fun, challenging, positive, and inclusive work environment. We offer 1-on-1 mentorship, learning and development opportunities, global impact and interaction, and flexible work/life balance.
- Meaningful Co-op Term: During your co-op term, you will have the opportunity to test the latest technologies and work on innovative projects that could leave a global impact. You get to use skills learned in the classroom and apply them to real work situations while gaining professional hands-on experience.
Nokia is committed to inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer
Nokia has received the following recognitions for its commitment to inclusion & equality:
- One of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere
- Gender-Equality Index by Bloomberg
- Workplace Pride Global Benchmark
At Nokia, we act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people.
Nokia's employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We are committed to a culture of inclusion built upon our core value of respect.
Join us and be part of a company where you will feel included and empowered to succeed.