IT Internal Audit / IT Controls Manager, Governance, Risk and Compliance Services
City : Calgary
Category : Advisory
Industry : Finance
Employer : KPMG
At KPMG, you’ll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers, connected by a common cause: turning insight into opportunity for clients and communities around the world.
Our Calgary Risk Consulting practice is growing, and we require a strong IT Internal Audit / IT Controls Manager to join our dynamic team.
The successful candidate will focus on overseeing and supporting team delivery of engagements that assist our clients with addressing risk as it relates to their information technology environment including information system processes and controls, data integrity and governance, and information system resilience.
What you will do
The successful candidate will lead and deliver client service engagements, perform business development activities, and support practice management functions including:
- Lead and perform information system advisory and/or audit of IT processes to meet regulatory and/or compliance requirements.
- Conduct audits or assessments to improve a client’s information system control environment via data integrity and data governance reviews.
- Identify key information technology and information security risks and controls, control optimization opportunities, including the configuration of controls to support key business processes.
- Apply experience and knowledge over established frameworks and tools to support the assessment of IT general controls, segregation of duty requirements, and automated controls.
- Lead and manage client engagement plans, deliverables and expectations as well as review the quality of the fieldwork and deliverables prepared by engagement team members.
- Conduct engagement management activities including risk management, budget, billing, status updates, and client relationship management.
- Supervise team members on assignments and provide regular performance feedback, coaching and mentoring.
- Conduct performance management and/or mentoring of Advisory staff to develop and grow our staff in support of our KPMG strategic focus.
- Assist in creating proposals, capability statements and presentations for engagement opportunities.
- Participate in the National KPMG initiatives and workstream activities.
- Display a strong understanding of KPMG products and services and alignment of these products and services to client requirements resulting in effective identification of opportunities and in the communication of these value-added opportunities to clients.
- Participate, as appropriate, in local and national technical or industry training for KPMG people as well as for clients and business/industry conferences.
At times, business needs arise, and employees are required to travel and agree to work beyond their normal workday or work week to fulfill the accountabilities required for their job. Likewise, people need extra time to devote to personal matters, and our approach to flexibility provides for this.
What you bring to the role
A successful candidate will possess the following skills and behaviors:
- Minimum of five years of experience with a public accounting firm or an advisory services firm delivering IT risk and governance audits and/or advisory engagements.
- Bachelor's degree in an appropriate field from an accredited college/university.
- Information technology or information systems related designation (e.g., CISA, CISSP).
- An accounting designation or equivalent (e.g., CPA, CA, CMA) or internal audit designation (e.g., CIA) would be beneficial.
- Experience with ERP systems including SAP S4 and SAP GRC, and Cloud Oracle experience is as an asset.
- Strong current knowledge and experience with applying the following: COBIT and ISO standards including internal auditing standards and practices.
- Delivered engagements that require determination of audit criteria and objectives along with the related key processes, risks and controls including automated controls to meet system security and data integrity requirements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to lead cross functional teams comprised of diverse backgrounds and skill sets.
- Strong understanding of business risks and audit risks.
- Detail oriented with a focus on quality.
- Flexible and willing to learn new ways, methods, and approaches.
- Ability to adapt KPMG methodologies and techniques to unique client circumstances and requirements.
- Self-motivated and is willing to ask probing questions to uncover client opportunities.
- Ability to convey concepts and services to clients.
Keys to your success:
KPMG individuals Deliver Impact | Seek Growth | Inspire Trust and understand that a diverse workforce enables us to deepen relationships and strengthen our business
Providing you with the support you need to be at your best
For more information about KPMG in Canada’s Benefits and well-being, clickhere.
Our Values, The KPMG Way
Integrity, we do what is right | Excellence, we never stop learning and improving | Courage, we think and act boldly | Together, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at email@example.com.
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.