IT Intern, Data & Automation (Summer 2023)
City : Scarborough, ON, Canada
Category : Internship
Industry : Real Estate
Employer : First Capital
First Capital [TSX: FCR.UN] owns, manages, and develops grocery-anchored open-air centres in neighbourhoods with the strongest demographics in Canada. As one of Canada’s top employers, we foster a vibrant culture that ensures equal opportunity and well-being for all employees in a dynamic workplace. We are proud to provide rewarding opportunities to build meaningful careers in a fun and high performing environment.
WE ARE SHAPING THE NEXT GENERATION!
First Capital’s Intern Program gives you access to enriching opportunities to start and accelerate your career and further your passion. We offer a range of exciting internships that cover the full spectrum of the work we do, so there’s truly something for everyone!
Our Intern program is uniquely hands-on, allowing you to work alongside our leaders on exciting new projects and strategies. In addition to day-to-day learning, you will have access to a series of learning and networking events, mentorship sessions from our leaders, an end of term Capstone Project, and much more. Our goal is to leave all our program graduates with a full, 360 understanding of our business.
As an IT Intern, Data & Automation, you will report to and assist the Director, Data & Automation with automation builds, other projects and operational support.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Automate processes using Automation Anywhere, Power Automate, SharePoint and other tools.
- Use SQL to extract data from operational databases to support process automation efforts.
- Assist with documentation of business requirements as it relates to new enhancements requested by the business.
- Perform functional testing and document test results to facilitate business UAT as part of the change management process.
- Create and/or update technical documentation for changes promoted to production.
- Supports IT team with ad-hoc duties and projects as assigned.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- You are currently enrolled in a post-secondary Degree in Computer Science, Business Technology, or related program.
- You are a creative thinker with strong diagnostic and problem-solving competencies.
- Effective communicator with the ability to convey technical concepts to business users to assist with the resolution of their issues and enhance their systems knowledge.
- Detail-oriented with strong documentation skills.
- Willingness to learn new skills in a dynamic environment and translate these skills into knowledge for the business or IT team and communicate new learnings to a broader audience.
- Hands on experience with any Robotic Process Automation package (Automation Anywhere, UI Path, Blue Prism, Power Automate)
- Understanding of relational databases, and SQL query authoring.
- Strong general computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office and SharePoint.
OUR APPLICATION PROCESS:
Our Summer Internships are 4-month paid terms starting in May 2023 and ending in August 2023. Please note that our application deadline is February 10, 2023. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Select candidates will be invited to an interview with our team. Interviews will be conducted throughout February and March, and final hiring decisions will made by early April.
Our people are what makes us different. At First Capital we are committed to workplace diversity and inclusion within our organization, therefore, we encourage all qualified persons from all backgrounds to apply. Accommodations are available, upon request, to all applicants with disabilities throughout our hiring process. To discuss any accommodation, please email us at email@example.com.