IT Architect, PMO
City : Mississauga
Category : Other
Industry : Food/Packaging
Employer : Maple Leaf Foods
The Opportunity:The IT Project Manager role resides in the Project Management Office and is responsible for end-to-end project delivery based on organizational goals and objectives. The successful candidate will demonstrate advanced project management experience of SAP implementation best practices and total project life cycle, possess excellent problem-solving and communication skills, is adaptable and flexible to changing environments, and has the ability to collaborate at all levels.
This position leads and manages the project and is accountable for project deliverables and results, with full accountability and authority to multiple stakeholders for the development, execution, and monitoring of the project activities, including: (1) vision and technical strategy; (2) project management; (3) documentation and communication; (4) stakeholder(s) relationships; and (5) coordination and synergy with other projects and operational activities; and (6) change management to support the successful implementation of the project.
Snapshot of a Day-in-the-Life:
- Ability to build an effective team; fostering open dialog, defining success in terms of the whole team and creates strong morale and spirit within the project team
- Accurately define project scope, goals, and measurable objectives, with collaborative input from functional / business teams and external suppliers where appropriate
- Create and manage accurate and detailed project schedules and resource plans based on defined scope
- Proactively identify, maintain, and communicate project risks and risk mitigation strategies
- Define project, tasks, assign responsibility and estimate resource skills and requirements in a detailed project plan
- Perform quality assurance on deliverables including setting and controlling scope, budget, and timeline
- Coordinate with project workstreams to ensure all aspects of the project are compatible and can hire new talent as needed.
- Monitor progress, summarize, and communicate status and vision to client management and stakeholders
- Budget forecasting, budgeting, and tracking
- Execute change management activities to understand change impacts, and appropriately plan & drive organizational change ( go live readiness and support training deliverables).
- Manage project execution to approved timelines, scope, budget and agreed quality standards
- Lead and manage large, complex, and cross-functional project teams and sub-team activities (internal and external resources)
- Work with IT Leads to secure and manage resources, and to identify and resolve resourcing priorities and conflicts where appropriate
- Prepare project related content materials as required inclusive of Sponsor Committee updates and project status reports that capture status, key issues, risks, mitigating actions, and potential solutions per the standard MLF program/project governance and methodology
- Track project deliverables using the standard MLF tools (SharePoint and MS Project Server)
- Plan, prepare for and manage cutover and change management activities for go live readiness
- Plan and manage transition from project state to operational by enabling appropriate knowledge transfer and delivering relevant supporting project documentation
- Coach and mentor more junior staff members
- Contribute to the ongoing continuous improvement of the collective PMO processes and templates
What You’ll Bring:
- 8+ years related Project Management and Agile field experience
- Minimum of 3 successful end to end SAP implementations as Project lead role
- Experience leading change and managing in a complex environment
- Lead a team with more than 20 team members preferred
- Demonstrated leader who inspires the team
- Demonstrated client relationship management skills
- Ability to work closely with Process Owners and other key stakeholders to communicate progress and vision and facilitate buy-in
- Strong process and industry knowledge within CPG
- Deep understanding of SAP software; preferably in Supply Chain and Manufacturing
- Deep understanding of project implementation and agile methodologies
- A facilitator who is able to influence and manage change
- Flexible management style with ability to adapt leadership style to situation
- Ability to manage large volume of work through effective prioritization, communication, and excellent execution
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) in dealing with all levels of the business
- Business acumen – knows how businesses work, acquires knowledge and interest in policies, practices, trends, technology , shows an interest in the other departments in the organization and how they contribute to the overall success of the company
- A proven problem solver with ability to manage in ambiguous and complex environment
- Self-starter with strong bias for action and follow through
- University undergraduate degree in related discipline or equivalent
- PMP certification preferred
- Agile certification nice to have
What We Offer at Maple Leaf Foods:
- Being part of a high-performance, people-focused company that has an inspiring and unique vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, and a deep commitment to sustainable protein across North America.
- An inclusive company culture and a work environment that keeps our people safe, rewards excellence, and empowers everyone to learn and contribute their best.
- A hybrid work model that embraces remote work for eligible roles, helping team members achieve work-life balance—combining the best of both spending time working remotely, benefitting from focus time, and purposeful collaboration in the office setting.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that offer flexibility to meet your individual or family needs, including programs focused on improving mental health and wellbeing. These benefits start on your first day of employment.
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan with company matching that starts on your first day of employment.
- Learning and development opportunities, including workshops, ‘speaker series’ events, and resources that allow you to develop your skills and progress your career.
- Comprehensive tuition reimbursement program that supports continuous learning and development of our team members through investment in eligible degrees, diplomas, professional certification, or trades programs.
- Supporting our deep commitment to community impact, we offer up to two paid days annually to volunteer at a cause of your choice.
About Us:We’re a carbon neutral food company on a purposeful journey to Raise the Good in Food through better nutrition, safer food and workplaces, more humane animal care, and environmental sustainability efforts that protect our planet. We care about our communities and commit to reducing food insecurity in Canada. Join us on the journey. Let’s build a better future, together.
We’re passionate about food. For more than 100 years, we’ve made delicious, healthy protein that Canadians love under iconic national and regional brands, like Maple Leaf®, Schneiders®, and Greenfield Natural Meat Co.® We’re on a journey to become the most sustainable protein company – not just in Canada – but on earth.
- We are carbon neutral.
- We are one of the only food companies in Canada to set science-based targets.
- We aim to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025.
A diverse and inclusive work environmentChampioning diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision and living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values. We believe in building, investing in, recognizing, and rewarding remarkable people who value an inclusive workplace, embrace all forms of diversity, and commit to including every voice in our collaborative environment. We’re so much stronger when we know we’re accepted and valued for who we are and what we each bring to the workplace.
We embrace a strong, values-based cultureOur eight Leadership Values are our north star. They guide the decisions we make for all our stakeholders: our consumers, our customers, our people, our communities, our shareholders, and the environment.
- Doing What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to ensuring the health and safety of all our employees. As part of this commitment, we have adopted a number of COVID-19 safety measures, including a requirement for all employees to be fully vaccinated by March 31, 2022 and to show proof of vaccination. In keeping with this policy, successful candidates will need to provide proof of vaccination by March 31, 2022 (or prior to their first day of work if the start date is after March 31, 2022). We will of course consider accommodations for anyone unable to be vaccinated following human rights and other applicable laws
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Championing diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision, living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values, and delivering winning results. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired; please contact our Talent Attraction Team at email@example.com.