IT Accommodation Specialist, Scotia Digital (12 months)
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5A3X5
Category : Manager
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 172981
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
The IT Accommodation Specialist supports Scotiabank’s workplace accommodation policies and processes as they relate to technology and assistive device solutions. The IT Accommodation Specialist is responsible for researching, identifying, and implementing assistive technology and technical accommodation solutions on an individualized basis. The incumbent will provide expertise and guidance to Workplace Accommodation, managers, staff and other stakeholders regarding technology related workplace accommodations and inclusive digital workspaces.
Is this role right for you? In this role you will:
- Collaborate with various stakeholders to develop and implement individual job accommodation plans where technology solutions are required
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to provide support, research, and deploy assistive technology solutions across the bank including Global Accommodation initiatives
- Provide third level technical support to Deskside support teams
- Champion a high-performance environment and contribute to an inclusive work environment
- Provide staff with training on a range of assistive technologies
- Create and maintain accurate documentation across multiple platforms
Do you have the skills that will enable you to success in this role?
- Expert knowledge of assistive technology including screen readers and print magnification software and how to effectively use and test with desktop and web-based applications
- Strong knowledge of the Duty to Accommodate, job accommodation principles and processes
- Excellent technical problem-solving abilities
- Comfortable working within tight timeframes and with working creatively within specific constraints
- Excellent communication (written/oral) skills and time management skills
- Strong relationship and case management skills
What’s in it for you?
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity and curiosity and celebrates success!
- Passionate group of coworkers you get to work and learn from every day!
- Opportunity to make a significant impact by helping Scotia achieve its goal of increasing employment by persons with disabilities by 20% in the next five years
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.