Investment Specialist Administrator – Gatineau
City : Gatineau, QC, CA
Category : Secretaries and Administrative Assistants
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 149233
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Purpose of Job
The Investment Specialist Administrator (ISA) will be responsible for working with an Investment Specialist(s) in support of their development of new wealth management business relationships in target markets.
In support of investment sales and client acquisition, the ISA will be responsible for the required documentation and communication processes, ensuring timely support to the assigned Investment Specialist(s) and their respective customers.
The ISA will be a critical resource in supporting the growth and servicing of the Investment Specialist’s client base.
Key Job Accountabilities
- Preparing and maintaining new and existing customer files in Salesforce
- Preparing and sending transfer documents to Investment Support team, and following up as needed/appropriate
- Record Keeping for new accounts and account activities using Salesforce 8
- Completing ‘on behalf of’ transactions, trades and account opening
- Following up with clients for missing documentation, transfers or information
- Expense administration
- Estate administration
- Sending all required documentation and communication to SSI Compliance, including documentation on:
- Account openings & account maintenance
- Fund purchases/switches/redemptions
- Following up on any compliance deficiencies
- Following up on Customer Pulse surveys-Prepare the IS for the call.
- Preparing mailing lists and sending customer correspondence
- Answering basic customer inquiries
- Scheduling and rescheduling appointments in support of the Investment Specialist as required
- Confirming appointments
- Preparing for and following up with clients meetings including documents as required ie statements, CPP etc.
- Anchoring segmented clients (ie birthday cards to A/B clients)
- Book annual reviews and appts as required
- Contact existing clients as required
- Use tools (Salesforce, PMT) to identify off-us investment opportunities
- Work with in-house marketing team to develop adverts and new material aimed at acquiring new to bank customers
- Taking lead on organizing client events-Marketing
- Pre-filling Blueprint and Morningstar for client meetings-NO SHARING OF PASSWORDS-DATA INPUT ONLY
- Identification of opportunity (ie statements, small business)
- Complete weekly email to branch manager
- Complete bi-weekly/monthly branch manager Business Development Meeting template
- Post Workplace stories
- Participate in Team calls, ITBs as required. IS may be present as required.
- Partnerships-best practice is to schedule assigned days
- Responsible for introduction to Customers
5. Other duties as required.
Skills, Experiences, and Functional Competencies
- Detail oriented-strong organizational
- Ability to simple problems
- Strong communication – both written and verbal
- Motivated to grow within the industry
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Experience working in an investment sales/financial planning environment would be considered an asset
- Second language an asset but not required
Education and Other Requirements
- Post-secondary education in Business or related field would be an asset
- Mutual Fund License
- IS Onboarding program
- IP system to do the admin job
- MFR accountabiliites-ie limits, reguations, timeframes.
- Sales Builder
- Estore/Marketing/Mailing packages
- Client Experience Model
- Advisor Playbook (Segmentation, Anchoring, etc)
Location(s): Canada : Quebec : Gatineau
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.