City : KELOWNA, British Columbia, Canada
Category : Customer Service | Client Advice | Sales
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Grow your business, your way – with RBC
As an Investment Advisor at RBC Dominion Securities, you can help your clients reach their goals, while we help you reach yours. Maybe you’ve dreamed of starting your own business, but haven’t had the training, support, and resources from a company like RBC. Here, you’ll find what you need for your career and life to make it yours!
What you do best:
- You have excellent people and problem-solving skills that help you build and maintain client relationships.
- You’re a self-starter – someone who wants to make their day their own.
- You’re driven to do meaningful work to help people reach their life goals by providing strong planning and financial advice.
How you’ll succeed in this role:
- Lean on RBC Dominion Securities’ strong brand and reputation to build a client base of high-net-worth individuals, families and business owners and manage their complex financial needs.
- Leverage RBCs extensive investment and wealth management resources to create customized portfolios and wealth plans for your clients.
- Foster trusted, often multi-generational, long-term relationships using personalized service and advice.
- Establish and maintain reciprocal relationships with RBC partners such as Personal & Commercial Banking and Insurance to ensure your clients are supported in all aspects of their financial lives.
A few details about what we’re looking for:
- You have 4-6 years of outbound sales experience and are comfortable earning 100% commission.
- You have completed the Canadian Securities Course (CSC) or will prior to your start date.
- You have a passion for financial planning and a keen interest in portfolio management.
- You have strong relationship building skills and an ability to connect with all types of individuals.
Nice to have:
- Experience in a direct marketing role, financial services and shown success in high value sales and business development, regardless of industry/discipline.
- Completed the Conduct and Practices Handbook (CPH), Personal Financial Planner (PFP), Chartered Investment Manager (CIM), and Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program which include competitive compensation and flexible benefits
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to do challenging work
- Opportunities to building close relationships with clients
This position is compensated based on production generated by you or your team.
This position may be eligible to receive a discretionary/variable incentive payment.
RBC’s compensation philosophy and principles recognize the importance of a highly qualified global workforce and plays a critical role in attracting, engaging and retaining talent that:
- Drives RBC’s high-performance culture
- Enables collective achievement of our strategic goals
- Generates sustainable shareholder returns and above market shareholder value
Job SkillsConsulting, Critical Thinking, Decision Making, Interpersonal Relationship Management, Interpersonal Relationships, Investment Banking, Investment Consulting, Investment Management, Private Banking, Product Services
Additional Job Details
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at jobs.rbc.com.